Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 12/13 SWFE/Coastal Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WeatherNurse said:

Glen, NH here - 11mins south of Pinkham Notch.  Snowing since 1330, now 12" on the ground.  20°. Still coming down at 1"/hr.  Full on dumpage.  I'll believe 2' when I wake up to it.  We always get hosed here on the bombs.  Always the wind blows it east.  So far, I'm happy.  Late Dec storm was supposed to be 20" and it was only 13" (ONLY!).  Think we might see our 2'...time will tell.  We've been in the bands so far.  

Weenie spot for this, nice

1 minute ago, WeatherNurse said:

Glen, NH here - 11mins south of Pinkham Notch.  Snowing since 1330, now 12" on the ground.  20°. Still coming down at 1"/hr.  Full on dumpage.  I'll believe 2' when I wake up to it.  We always get hosed here on the bombs.  Always the wind blows it east.  So far, I'm happy.  Late Dec storm was supposed to be 20" and it was only 13" (ONLY!).  Think we might see our 2'...time will tell.  We've been in the bands so far.  

Weenie spot for this, nice

10 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Not a bad stretch since Thursday. 22.75".   Everything looks like mashed potatoes or whipped cream

Having a dog and 2 kids sorta wrecks the landscape but it gives it some character 

Yeah, I was cringing, at first, as the boy carved into my sculpted snow piles but then just joined him. 

1 minute ago, WeatherNurse said:

Weenie location. Congrats. You're getting pounded on the east slopes right now.

3 minutes ago, Organizing Low said:

i can understand the frustration when its snowing all around you and your snow is melting away......not fun.

Cold air aloft, colder surface air than modeled at start. Thought we'd bust high. Was down to 1/4sm pouring snow for bouts of time earlier. Seemed like we might do very well. All of a sudden it's all rain, no snow and stayed like that. The fact I was in convo for double digits earlier today and haven't had more than 1" is shocking. it'd be one thing if I had like 2-5" then rained..

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'd love another 3-5"....really have enjoyed this event, though.....took a page out of Steve's book, and quit Charlie Brown-ing it....got the hell out and enjoyed it.

That's really what it is about.  Walking, snow tubing, skiing, snow shoeing, even snow blowing is much better than staring out the window or at a phone screen 

just noticed the snow on our back porch (added last summer) is higher than the sills on the windows above.   Close to 2 feet there.  Maybe more

2 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

Cold air aloft, colder surface air than modeled at start. Thought we'd bust high. Was down to 1/4sm pouring snow for bouts of time earlier. Seemed like we might do very well. All of a sudden it's all rain, no snow and stayed like that. The fact I was in convo for double digits earlier today and haven't had more than 1" is shocking. it'd be one thing if I had like 2-5" then rained..

I didn't even think you would do this badly.....and I was bearish.

Sucks.

10PM:  Outside my office at South Portland PD, 20 deg, moderate snow with wind effects taking the visibility down to 1/4 mile and less at times.

Busy night with several crashes, slideoffs and end of driveway stuck cars.

At least 7 inches on the ground already, ratios range from almost fluffy on the west end of the city to almost dense pack along the shoreline of Casco Bay.

Rumor has it that Cantore is somewhere within a couple miles of me; this does not make my work night easier.

Archived