SnowHabit
February 12/13 SWFE/Coastal Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Finally a deep pack there. Must feel like Alpine Meadows after last year. :lol:

Man it's deep winter after last year...and we've had some pleasant surprises this season regardless of snow on the ground.  This winter feels like something we haven't seen in a few years.  Stuff performs, we just need to limit the warm ups to keep epic conditions on the slopes. 

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

8.25" in Hubbardston just now.  After a lull snowing nicely again.  Prob won't get to 12" but 10" is doable

Temps tickling upwards. 26.6F

It''s quite interesting b/c we have been SN/SN+ for hours and hours with no lull.  When models were showing a lull over your area I thought they were just putting the CRV output too far E but maybe not?  

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It''s quite interesting b/c we have been SN/SN+ for hours and hours with no lull.  When models were showing a lull over your area I thought they were just putting the CRV output too far E but maybe not?  

Glad you are getting croaked.  Enjoyable event if not overly memorable.   I will have Monday to enjoy it as well and to do cleanup since work was cancelled

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Glad you are getting croaked.  Enjoyable event if not overly memorable.   I will have Monday to enjoy it as well and to do cleanup since work was cancelled

The fact that it a wet snow, and I'm not dealing with a CJ makes this one a win in my book.

Awesome day snow-tubing with the GF....great winter's day.

I have missed these cement-shows....so sick of the CJ pixie dust BS.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The fact that it a wet snow, and I'm not dealing with a CJ makes this one a win in my book.

Awesome day snow-tubing with the GF....great winter's day.

I have missed these cement-shows....so sick of the CJ pixie dust BS.

We had 2 wet snow events last year in ern MA...didn't you get that? 2/5 and then in early April. I love the wet snow...it's so picturesque.

3 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Light snow   19.1F   8.25"  Pure fluff.  Temps have been in the upper teens all day.  Starting to blow off the roof more......

Glen, NH here - 11mins south of Pinkham Notch.  Snowing since 1330, now 12" on the ground.  20°. Still coming down at 1"/hr.  Full on dumpage.  I'll believe 2' when I wake up to it.  We always get hosed here on the bombs.  Always the wind blows it east.  So far, I'm happy.  Late Dec storm was supposed to be 20" and it was only 13" (ONLY!).  Think we might see our 2'...time will tell.  We've been in the bands so far.  

Archived