Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 12/13 SWFE/Coastal Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Roger Smith said:

I would be mildly optimistic about the storm coming together at the last minute, when the coastal starts to pull in the low currently over n.e. NY state around 06z, heights will be falling very rapidly and there may be another tuck effect near the trough that would otherwise be linear from the coastal to the dying land center (at that point near Springfield MA). This might allow coastal convergence bands to push further south than BOS for a while. It would also reduce temps enough to guarantee no further mixing and all snow. I agree that the systems look a little anemic right now, but the development phase is 03z-09z and that's where all the coastal banding action should become intense. Okay, now go out on the field and have a good second half (that works, right?). 

:weenie:

40 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Ottawa is up to 10.4" now.  Good storm for them.  

having grew up there, new it was gonna be a good storm for them due to the antecedent cold air and the initial strong WAA.... they will probably come in around a foot, so my top end 12 inches might even bust. 

my folks are in california visiting my siter and i was going to call them shortly, thanks for the update!

2 minutes ago, Organizing Low said:

having grew up there, new it was gonna be a good storm for them due to the antecedent cold air and the initial strong WAA.... they will probably come in around a foot, so my top end 12 inches might even bust. 

my folks are in california visiting my siter and i was going to call them shortly, thanks for the update!

yeah good call on that, we busted a touch low there. 

23 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Nice--you're track a bit ahead of me.

I've got two measuring surfaces and one was 9.8" and other was 10.5" so average over 10".   I was pretty persistent this morning with the measuring during the lousy growth so I feel pretty accurate.  I'm guessing you are over 10" since my farmer friend in Colrain was at 10" an hour ago. 

Archived