Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

Walking around Portland 

IMG_20170212_182746_798_zps6xedewrk.jpg

1 minute ago, MaineJayhawk said:

Ha!  Not too far apart.  I parked on Marginal Way and walked up thru downtown and the Old Port.  Heading up to Munjoy Hill now.  Getting harder to walk on the sidewalk

Piling up quick here in SoPo.  Best snow of the week in the past few hours.

25 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I have no idea why I can no longer upload pictures-probably have donated $750 over the years but opted out this year.  Fukkem.

anyway radar looks good for all of eastern MA and hopefully when it arrives within the hour it will be snow.  2m is 31 but unsure of h9.

Delete old stuff, sucks but I did donate again but still have to 

I'm thinking now rad/activity may fill in rather abruptly later on based on upstream obs..

Currently there's region of action in western NY with hints of arcing back SW along the lake fronts and I suspect ..based on 18z initialization and the first 6 and 12 hours positions that's the nose of the big dawg 500 mb jet max punching SE...  When that gets along LI midnight'ish it probably blossoms briefly with frotogenic banding to the N of it... so yeah - we'll see

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

N VT is like the red headed step children of the forum.

This is like the one event where we are ALL mostly snow and its not upslope for you

Haha we definitely are.

The NNE thread is mostly a Vermont thread ha.  ME and NH though being closer to eastern Mass makes sense that the weather is more correlated to those areas.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Haha we definitely are.

The NNE thread is mostly a Vermont thread ha.  ME and NH though being closer to eastern Mass makes sense that the weather is more correlated to those areas.

In crappy synoptic stretches there isn't a lot for us to post about while you guys have pages and pages of upslope.

-3C/26 F down a degree F. Snow has picked up again in last few minutes. Never really got "light", though airport reported that, but now coming down heavy (or some fog added). Visibility less than 1/4 mile/ .4 km. Shoveled about 5.5 inches snow at 4:45. About 2 new on car now. Don't know how this compares with others in area. 

Archived