joxey
February 12/13 SWFE/Coastal Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, powderfreak said:

F*CK YEAH!  Haha.

A buddy leaving work just checked Barnes Camp at Stowe and storm total at 6.5" so far at 1,500ft.

BTV getting it done this time.

Yeah the peak intensity was insane. Just as bad as that famous snow squall a few novembers ago.

3" of snow caked with FZDZ. A bit disappointing as I thought I could make it to 5 or 6" but I knew there were things that could go wrong. GFS actually handled the thermal profile well save for the surface where it was too warm. Good luck with the blizzard to the north and east. Hoping to get some good pictures of it from my aunt in Waterboro, ME.

Lol....if any of you have kids old enough or are kids yourselves there's a snow day app that apparently really predicts well.  I told my daughter after she drove home (in a snowstorm not for the first time this winter) that she should prepare for school.  She retorts that snowdaycalculator.com gives Brookline 99% chance of closure.   E.g.:  do your homework 

5 new but last half inch is what I call sand, I am gonna be sick missing that heavy snow by less than ten miles

tremendous kudos to gfs as we have had a lot of sleet mixed in here, wasting precious qpf

praying for it to build south and mid levels to cool, what a pos system has to meander out in the ocean for half a day before starting to develop

I called this perfect yesterday for my area and n ct

Archived