Newest Member
    joxey
February 12/13 SWFE/Coastal Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

4.0" right now with -SN. We've got some work to do in order for my 8-12" call to verify. 8" is within reach, but 12" is a bit of a stretch I think. We may add a couple of inches of upslope on the backside tomorrow AM once the NW flow gets going.

Although snow total forecasts may bust a little high out here qpf may have been modeled correctly.  Lost a little bit to poor snow growth early on.

Still a solid hit and snowing hard here right now. 

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Well, 10-14" was progged by some. 

How was your drive?

5.2"  +SN. 26F

Back to marginal snow growth.  Roads are not in good shape around Greenfield. 

It was pretty slow.  Studded snows, ftw.  I was more worried about others skidding into me than I was about myself.

22.4*

Strange obs from me up here in Central NH   17.4F  Moderate Graupel.  5"   Its been snowing moderately and 15 minutes ago it went over to heavy snow with vis of 1/4 mile.  Then changed to graupel type pellets and snow grains.  Vis just came up to about 2 miles.  Don't understand what is going on Meteorologically. 

3 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Strange obs from me up here in Central NH   17.4F  Moderate Graupel.  5"   Its been snowing moderately and 15 minutes ago it went over to heavy snow with vis of 1/4 mile.  Then changed to graupel type pellets and snow grains.  Vis just came up to about 2 miles.  Don't understand what is going on Meteorologically. 

Warm air dry air at midnight levels

3 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I actually heard what I thought was sleet blowing against the windows about 15 minutes ago.  Visibility never changed though, still around 1/4 mile.

Band coming my way from the west looking promising.  Tiny lull here right now.  Gorgeous winter wonderland outside.  a little over 6" OTG.

I'm taking a timelapse of snow accumulation...one pic every 30 secs and I started around 10:00 this morning.  Have enough battery and space to make it through tomorrow afternoon.

Still wondering what might be left overnight in terms of snow accumulation....wasnt the overnight supposed to be pretty decent?  I've felt far enough north and east of the questionable zone but have never settled on what I can expect as many maps vary quite a bit.

Archived