Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 12/13 SWFE/Coastal Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

May get up to pike or even NH border....nowcast type thing. On regional loops it looks pretty good for N of pike...but that can change. At the very least it will take a lot longer to dryslot up in northern areas of SNE which should make amounts higher there.

Dry slot the end of the storm or a lull? What does tomorrow look like in Central Mass?

3 minutes ago, ajisai said:

Good to hear. Models weren't playing around when it was trying to figure out the rain-snow cutoff. It's just rain downtown where I am now. Looking forward to riding the T home to see the transition. emoji1.png

I was in Brookline Village earlier and it was rain/snow so hopefully you'll be ok.  Once I came up to the top of the hill turning onto Lee Street it started transitioning back but I had to go up the slight incline of my street before it was straight winter.   I suspect it's starting to get that way in lower elevations-I'm 200 feet higher vs Brookline Village.

I was in Brookline Village earlier and it was rain/snow so hopefully you'll be ok.  Once I came up to the top of the hill turning onto Lee Street it started transitioning back but I had to go up the slight incline of my street before it was straight winter.   I suspect it's starting to get that way in lower elevations-I'm 200 feet higher vs Brookline Village.

Nowcast central today... That's for sure.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Dryslot meaning it still snows just lighter stuff. 

HRRR actually fills in the slot for all areas south of Pike before it ever makes it as the coastal takes over 

Hoping then that it doesn't make it as far as ORH, or lasts for a minimal amount of time. Will be interesting to see how the far inland the heavy stuff from the coastal makes it. Feeling fairly confident that it makes it at least into the Worcester hills, NE CT, RI and wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't make it all the way to the CT Valley--especially if it bombs south of CC or LI.

Archived