Newest Member
    joxey
February 12/13 SWFE/Coastal Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Maybe. Hopefully it makes it that far west. But I could also just see weenie snows there overnight with only an additional inch or so after 6-8 this afternoon. Something like that. 

Anyways, the fun part about this storm is that it's a legit nowcast. Those are more fun to me than storms where everything is very high confidence. 

Yeah because there's that element of surprise where you have some hope of more..like there's some reason(s) to feel decent about it, but not enough confidence to plan on it. So it makes it fun....for weenies anyway 

1 minute ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Gladly would if possible including what's on the ground.

I anticipate it gets better with better rates.   We need to make hay this afternoon if we want to reach even our minimal forecast (8-14").  These SWFE deals always seem to cut off precip sooner than modeled.  

I could sense MPM cringing in Boston when I texted him "lousy snow growth"   Lol. 

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I anticipate it gets better with better rates.   We need to make hay this afternoon if we want to reach even our minimal forecast (8-14").  These SWFE deals always seem to cut off precip sooner than modeled.  

I could sense MPM cringing in Boston when I texted him "lousy snow growth"   Lol. 

I'd rather this snow fall in ski country, 2' of snow in Enfield this week doesn't do much for me.

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah I think you'll be fine when you get into the better stuff. 

2 minutes ago, White Rain said:

36, In Salem - my old stomping grounds. This may be one of those really frustrating events on the coastline where it rains or is non accumulating snow along the water and snows in Peabody/Middleton just a few miles inland.

God willing. :lol: But really, I'm curious to see how this'll shake out in coastal towns like Salem and Gloucester. I'd think that they should at least get some of the best chances for some tree and power line damage? 

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Eh, I guess I got too personal there. Wx wouldn't be a reason for me to make such a big life decision. 

Anyway..in southern RI now. Light snow. Not much accumulation.

Lol. Tell that to the guy who bought a house just because it was above 900'. Cough cough

You sound like you have girl problems.

Archived