Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Model Mayhem V

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

The 0z nam is hinting at a euro-ish solution at the end of its run....the northern low gets that football shape aiming one of its points at the southern low.

It's definitely an intriguing setup with the large ULL centered above the GL and that pice of energy coming out of the TX panhandle. If that backside piece of vorticity can phase with the southern piece we'd have a sizable storm. I like the orientation of the ULL over the GL verbatim.  Seeing as this is the NAM at 84h I'd just take it for what it is.

IMG_0262.PNG

54 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

16 and it is already compacted to 10-12

Come on pal..I know you've been boned a lot lately, no doubt!! 

But you cleaned up Thursday for sure with 16 inches..about the same as me at 16.5!  I know, I know, I've gotten a lot more than you in most  storms the last 5 years, but the negativity is just over the top now!! Brighten up!! 

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Come on pal..I know you've been boned a lot lately, no doubt!! 

But you cleaned up Thursday for sure with 16 inches..about the same as me at 16.5!  I know, I know, I've gotten a lot more than you in most  storms the last 5 years, but the negativity is just over the top now!! Brighten up!! 

Yes Thursday was awesome although I think there are some slightly inflated reports in my area (19 East Longmeadow for one)

12 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

Yes Thursday was awesome although I think there are some slightly inflated reports in my area (19 East Longmeadow for one)

Ya that 19 might be a lil exaggerated..but in those incredible rates, anything can happen over a 2-3 inch spread???  But I'm glad you got that 16 spot Thursday..you deserved it for sure!!   Maybe we get some more Tmrw..and let's hope Thursday works out too??? But who knows???

Seems like the orientation of the ridging out west may be less than ideal for our area Thurs. Euro with another "congrats Hazey" solution. Congrats, Hazey! Epic week out there.

Thanks. It's the prize for being relatively shafted on the last storm. I'm actually a bit worried. If we get a sou'easter down the road with all the snow pack and it's curtains for roofs and decks. We had a crap ton in March 2015 but fortunately we had a slow melt off. Not sure we pull that off again. Pros and cons of big snows.

1 minute ago, Hazey said:

I have a funny feeling that after February when someone mentions the crappy start to this winter, the response will be "what crappy start?" It will be a forgotten memory.

People forget we were discussing futility before the 2015 shellacking, too. Let's hope that's the case this year as well.

41 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah Wednesday isn't happening. There will be a light perhaps moderate event from N stream stuff for all of us.. but the beast is not happening. Right now maybe 2-4 or 3-6 type deal .

Too bad...knew that was to good to be true.  That could have been a real big one!! And it  Sucks we're gonna miss out on the coastal part of this one too!!  

47 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah Wednesday isn't happening. There will be a light perhaps moderate event from N stream stuff for all of us.. but the beast is not happening. Right now maybe 2-4 or 3-6 type deal .

I don't know.  I think we might get a bit more up my way.  Looks like redevelopment in the GOM and perhaps decent ratios.

Archived