Welcome to American Weather
  • Announcements

• Wow

SUBSCRIPTION DRIVE 2017   01/09/2017

As you may have noticed, many of you are receiving renewal notices for subscriptions.  Over the past year we have upgraded our board software and one of our dedicated servers to help speed things up.  Plans for this year are to upgrade further to make everything even faster and more reliable. If we meet our goal of $10,000 in subscription sales this winter, all members with a Super ($50) subscription or higher will receive a free American Weather T-shirt.  Additional details will follow if we make our goal!
Typhoon Tip

Model Mayhem V

563 posts in this topic

Euro is Kevin's kind of week next week....burly men in tshirts with their arm out the window and teenagers playing hacky sack as the snow banks melt into the street....people washing salt off their cars in short sleeves and the whole town chattering that winter is over and spring is on the way.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro is Kevin's kind of week next week....burly men in tshirts with their arm out the window and teenagers playing hacky sack as the snow banks melt into the street....people washing salt off their cars in short sleeves and the whole town chattering that winter is over and spring is on the way.

Looks cold Monday , and 60-65 Wed/ Thurs ahead of backdoor 

19 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Please keep us posted when a model actually shows something remotely close to a semblance of winter.

You don't have to be such a internet bully about it. Do the euro pbp of the flexing east coast ridge next week. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Looks cold Monday , and 60-65 Wed/ Thurs ahead of backdoor 

Monday will prob be seasonal...but not "cold" meaning below average. Then Tuesday is prob high 40s and low 50s before 50s on Wed/Thu...but yeah, maybe 60s in the torch spots on Thursday. We'll see...a lot will depend on how dirty the airmass is and the wind flow.

Good thing the ski resorts are packed to the gills with snow...next week just becomes an epic week of spring skiing during vacation week rather than nightmares of bare ground showing up on the non-snow making trails.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Monday will prob be seasonal...but not "cold" meaning below average. Then Tuesday is prob high 40s and low 50s before 50s on Wed/Thu...but yeah, maybe 60s in the torch spots on Thursday. We'll see...a lot will depend on how dirty the airmass is and the wind flow.

Well we all go to grass except the ski resorts and then see what happens Post Feb 26. Either we have chances with storms and chill or Tip is naping and rock hopping on the Huffy for good 

8 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

A little early for spring skiing....that supposed to be April....not middle of February.......Global Warming

yup, I saw a spider outside today crawling up a cement stoop...never have seen that before outside in February ever

44 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Good thing the ski resorts are packed to the gills with snow...next week just becomes an epic week of spring skiing during vacation week rather than nightmares of bare ground showing up on the non-snow making trails.

It's deep

20170217_130541.jpg

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Even Pike north says .. grass 

I will have a lot left come this time next week...I'm on the north side of a hill too.

Your yard is angled all wrong. One break of grass and it's ovah. Poof.

I doubt winter is over

Soi is crashing along with a favorable MJO moving forward

Last week of February into March looks very favorable

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well we all go to grass except the ski resorts and then see what happens Post Feb 26. Either we have chances with storms and chill or Tip is naping and rock hopping on the Huffy for good 

lol, The Huffy.

I predict a lot of reminiscing about great storms of the past ahead of the torch next week.  Time to close the blinds for bit, but keep one eye open just in case the bus starts up again.    

33 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I will have a lot left come this time next week...I'm on the north side of a hill too.

Your yard is angled all wrong. One break of grass and it's ovah. Poof.

Chickens will be plucking grass out of their beaks next weekend there. Grass fed hens are back 

I'm not convinced we lose all of it without a warm rainer with fog. Maybe if he hit 60 with high dews and have some torch overnights we get close. I think a loss of a foot is possible though if we have days in the 50s, which would leave some decent cover. Still some leftover snow from December in the yard.

49 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Even Pike north says .. grass 

Only grass in view around my place will come as I finish taking an SWE core tomorrow afternoon.  Maybe by next weekend the pack settles to less than 35".

That D7 system has really turned into a full blown cutter on the Euro ensembles. Ugly. Was hoping that could be more of an overrunning event or SWFE....but the necessary pv lobe that needed to get shoved into Quebec has been held back on more recent runs and we have a more consolidating vortex right over Greenland.

On the plus side, at least the pattern looks pretty nice afterward. So maybe we can get one final push of good winter threats in the first half of March. I've been pining for a good March snowstorm ever since the 2013 firehose event. We've mostly gotten nickels and pennies in recent years since then (though the Cape and south coast have had a couple good ones).

21 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Only grass in view around my place will come as I finish taking an SWE core tomorrow afternoon.  Maybe by next weekend the pack settles to less than 35".

Well you live in a different world as opposed to 97% of the posters here. You probably won't hit 40

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well you live in a different world as opposed to 97% of the posters here. You probably won't hit 40

That NH and ME pack is missle proof. It will take a supernova to melt it. Ours on the other hand, will melt away like your undies watching Chicago Fire.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

That NH and ME pack is missle proof. It will take a supernova to melt it. Ours on the other hand, will melt away like my virginity in the red light district.

:o

47 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That NH and ME pack is missle proof. It will take a supernova to melt it. Ours on the other hand, will melt away like your undies watching Chicago Fire.

Pretty sure this will be one of those years where I have snow in the backyard until the 3rd week of April.

27 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

Pretty sure this will be one of those years where I have snow in the backyard until the 3rd week of April.

Hopefully you will give us play by play images of the huge snow block sliding off your greenhouse like you did in 2008.

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Hopefully you will give us play by play images of the huge snow block sliding off your greenhouse like you did in 2008.

There is a pretty good slab up there right now, so I do expect some sliding drama this spring.  Already have plywood over the windows.