• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Model Mayhem V

Typhoon Tip

Euro is Kevin's kind of week next week....burly men in tshirts with their arm out the window and teenagers playing hacky sack as the snow banks melt into the street....people washing salt off their cars in short sleeves and the whole town chattering that winter is over and spring is on the way.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro is Kevin's kind of week next week....burly men in tshirts with their arm out the window and teenagers playing hacky sack as the snow banks melt into the street....people washing salt off their cars in short sleeves and the whole town chattering that winter is over and spring is on the way.

Looks cold Monday , and 60-65 Wed/ Thurs ahead of backdoor 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Looks cold Monday , and 60-65 Wed/ Thurs ahead of backdoor 

Monday will prob be seasonal...but not "cold" meaning below average. Then Tuesday is prob high 40s and low 50s before 50s on Wed/Thu...but yeah, maybe 60s in the torch spots on Thursday. We'll see...a lot will depend on how dirty the airmass is and the wind flow.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Monday will prob be seasonal...but not "cold" meaning below average. Then Tuesday is prob high 40s and low 50s before 50s on Wed/Thu...but yeah, maybe 60s in the torch spots on Thursday. We'll see...a lot will depend on how dirty the airmass is and the wind flow.

Well we all go to grass except the ski resorts and then see what happens Post Feb 26. Either we have chances with storms and chill or Tip is naping and rock hopping on the Huffy for good 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well we all go to grass except the ski resorts and then see what happens Post Feb 26. Either we have chances with storms and chill or Tip is naping and rock hopping on the Huffy for good 

lol, The Huffy.

I predict a lot of reminiscing about great storms of the past ahead of the torch next week.  Time to close the blinds for bit, but keep one eye open just in case the bus starts up again.    

That D7 system has really turned into a full blown cutter on the Euro ensembles. Ugly. Was hoping that could be more of an overrunning event or SWFE....but the necessary pv lobe that needed to get shoved into Quebec has been held back on more recent runs and we have a more consolidating vortex right over Greenland.

On the plus side, at least the pattern looks pretty nice afterward. So maybe we can get one final push of good winter threats in the first half of March. I've been pining for a good March snowstorm ever since the 2013 firehose event. We've mostly gotten nickels and pennies in recent years since then (though the Cape and south coast have had a couple good ones).

27 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

Pretty sure this will be one of those years where I have snow in the backyard until the 3rd week of April.

Hopefully you will give us play by play images of the huge snow block sliding off your greenhouse like you did in 2008.

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Chickens will be plucking grass out of their beaks next weekend there. Grass fed hens are back 

You really should take a ride up here so you can understand winter.  I'll buy the drinks.  Make sure you bring your snowshoes, and since you're from down south maybe some layers.  I'm sure Brian would let you play chase the chicken in his backyard.  You'll probably lose cuz the chickens can move fast while you sink into the 10-20 that'll still be on the ground.

7 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

You really should take a ride up here so you can understand winter.  I'll buy the drinks.  Make sure you bring your snowshoes, and since you're from down south maybe some layers.  I'm sure Brian would let you play chase the chicken in his backyard.  You'll probably lose cuz the chickens can move fast while you sink into the 10-20 that'll still be on the ground.

He weighs the same as the chickens, so he wont sink. 

Archived