Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem V

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'd probably give this winter a B- right now....not complaining about it all.

The lulls are boring, and which each passing one, the likelihood grows that we may not recover, and then I'll miss it.

That is all.

Yeah, not going as hoped.  Way too much rain, but considering the overall pattern, I am probably at the same grade as you.  Even with the best outcomes till the end of the season, I don't think I can get it past a B+, but that is fine with me.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Only reason I'm scoring the winter so far in the low 80s is due to my first footer since Oct 11. Otherwise avg ytd snowfall would yield avg grades, mid 70s. 

Its not a C for me because I like to reserve it for one great stretch, rather than 435 2-4" events.....this has been a miniature 2015 in that regard.

I like to maximize appeal, rather than protract mediocrity. 

This winter has been pretty good here... I average prob a shade over 40" a season and I'm well into the 50s here already... anything else that falls is just stat padding.

Im sure there will be another period that will offer some chances... still a ways to go... it's only Feb 13th.

One of last seasons best events came in the first week of April 

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This winter has been pretty good here... I average prob a shade over 40" a season and I'm well into the 50s here already... anything else that falls is just stat padding.

Im sure there will be another period that will offer some chances... still a ways to go... it's only Feb 13th.

One of last seasons best events came in the first week of April 

I need about 17" more to hit average.

I think I'll do it.

13 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'd probably give this winter a B- right now....not complaining about it all.

The lulls are boring, and which each passing one, the likelihood grows that we may not recover, and then I'll miss it.

That is all.

I'm not sure I would grade that high here.  Snowfall has been above average thanks to the last week or so.  But man, it had been boring, so many melts...Swiss cheese was the name of the game for weeks...67" but until this week you could barely tell any had fallen

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I'm not sure I would grade that high here.  Snowfall has been above average thanks to the last week or so.  But man, it had been boring, so many melts...Swiss cheese was the name of the game for weeks...67" but until this week you could barely tell any had fallen

Yea...see, I'd rather most suck, and then just have a 10 day holiday, during which society shuts down and old man winter takes the stage before a sold out, captive audience.

All of the stress and concerns attributable to the rigors of the daily grind of life just pause, and you are granted a weenie-stay.

Dissociative to a degree, yes...but at least I'm armed with insight. 

But that's just me-

6 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

You must be pretty close to your seasonal average, no? That seems pretty good to me for Feb 13th.

I know there are more factors than just snow... but given the horrible stretch we went though for most of Jan... I'd call that a win

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

You must be pretty close to your seasonal average, no? That seems pretty good to me for Feb 13th.

I know there are more factors than just snow... but given the horrible stretch we went though for most of Jan... I'd call that a win

88.50" we are over seasonal avg

Archived