• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Sunday SWFE..Monday Coastal?

CoastalWx

One aspect that keeps popping up for me is the idea of instability ... 

As this thing quasi-closes off.. man, that is a really deep 500 mb surface.  It's down around 510 dm at some point over the SE GOM...and prior to that, it's dropping as it passes over us down here. 

I could see some instability burst/frotogenic banding passing through that prrrooooobably isn't going to be modeled very precisely, certainly not 2 or 3 days ahead.  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like a condo collapser over interior SNE up into your hood....though it would go powdery pretty fast I think when it bombs.

These models also may be overdoing the sfc warmth....31-33F could easily be 27F.

For us lost souls trying to focus on one event that seems like two (non mets like me) What does the Sun-Monday period look like in (interior) SNE?

This looks like it will be a blast to track for Maine if it explodes in the GOM. Will be looking forward to images coming out the the regions weather cams.

But also more than a little curious about what is reasonable to expect in our neck of the woods.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't think Monday is a big deal...even here.

ME, diff. story.

56 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Enjoy...sucks here.

28 minutes ago, dryslot said:

No but moneypitmike should be.............;)

If only it were a weekend.

It does not appear to be a SW NE winter.  Or at least not a NW Mass winter.

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like a condo collapser over interior SNE up into your hood....though it would go powdery pretty fast I think when it bombs.

These models also may be overdoing the sfc warmth....31-33F could easily be 27F.

The GFS tries to drop some decent precip here with NW winds. That rarely works out up here. Other than the speed or redevelopment, I guess that's my other concern.

Right now given the plethora of model agreement. Nothing is beyond the realm of possible outcomes to the highest of extremes especially the further E and N. How it all evolves is the difference between run-of-the-mill up to Regional shutdown material.  
Considering a road-trip back home!
SOUND THE ALARMS re: Epic storm!

What a friggin weenie

Archived