Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Sunday SWFE..Monday Coastal?

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Clips ext ern areas. But maybe the RGEM and GFS trend better which would be pretty sweet.

In other words, the nam has trended to crap with the CCB and basically a WIFF For E MASS. 

It ends the storm around midnite even for LWM, MA. 

Hoping it wrong but the progressive trend of this thing and slower deepening are trends that need to be reversed on 12z guidance for E MA CCB to have legs still.

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

In other words, the nam has trended to crap with the CCB and basically a WIFF For E MASS. 

It ends the storm around midnite even for LWM, MA. 

Hoping it wrong but the progressive trend of this thing and slower deepening are trends that need to be reversed on 12z guidance for E MA CCB to have legs still.

The NAM is one of the more progressive solutions, but it did tick SW with the mid level look. Basically because of the big shifts with that model...I'm not really weighing it too much until I see RGEM and GFS,

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The NAM is one of the more progressive solutions, but it did tick SW with the mid level look. Basically because of the big shifts with that model...I'm not really weighing it too much until I see RGEM and GFS,

Its just something i would like to come on board inside 24 hrs now

THE SLP is actually a bit SE and slower to deepen than 0z if you toggle on the HI RES , thru the overnite time frame. There was no wiggle room here in E mass so these small changes are significant , just regarding model output (not saying anything earth shattering i know) 

Its all about EURO as usual but other models need to at least hold there own, the slower deepening now has NAM/EURO support

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

If you don't like one of the Nam's, You can probably find one of the others that will work................;)

the 4km version gets some of a CCB (lite) going from 6z to 12z but it is evident in all the nam's that this is not deepening as rapidly. We will see this has a no cast element later tonite that still can't be denied

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

the 4km version gets some of a CCB (lite) going from 6z to 12z but it is evident in all the nam's that this is not deepening as rapidly.

Was 972-974 at 12z on 0z run,  now its 980mb. 

Yeah it seems to be getting going a tic or two later, The question is, Is it right?

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Euro did the same last nite

so with Nam doing the same i would LEAN yes, it still deepens rapidly but its now 972 at 14z and not 964. But that matters much more for NE mass than you, obviously

That area is on the fence, Sooner obviously would be better, We will see how the models go today.

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

SWFE are generally pretty fast hitting, I'm curious as to why most forecasts have snow falling well into tonight here?  Especially since this system appears to be moving right along.  Does it slow down as it hits the coast and the secondary forms? 

NAM has it snowing here until 15z Monday...as it wraps around the back edge takes some time to move out.   Obviously sooner for you

not sure I buy it

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

RGEM looked a bit cooler and also dug H5 a bit south through hr 15.

Def colder. Still gets rain out to about 128 but much later than previously and its when the precip lightens up around 03z. 

It it also has more CCB snow for eastern MA. Pretty decent weenie band early Monday. 

Archived