SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Sunday SWFE..Monday Coastal?

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems as though 06Z NAM misses a lot of E MA with the CCB too. Appears main reason is it takes longer to deepen the low. Not sure if that is just because its the NAM of its a red flag that the CCB may be a bust for E MA. Comparing 0z to 6Z RGEM, 6z a a hair deeper with the low but is a touch more progressive

59 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

Seems as though 06Z NAM misses a lot of E MA with the CCB too. Appears main reason is it takes longer to deepen the low. Not sure if that is just because its the NAM of its a red flag that the CCB may be a bust for E MA. Comparing 0z to 6Z RGEM, 6z a a hair deeper with the low but is a touch more progressive

CCB lite

S. Maine Jack 

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

True that...as was the Octobomb.         

Anyway, I hope the CCB gets going for you guys.   Expecting much if anything for south of BOS on the coast?

Tough call. I think we could get some wet snow but is it 32F accumulating paste or 34F slop? I do think just inland will do the 32Fstuff. The GFS really gets the CCB cranking here in the morning. The other models are a bit too progressive.

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Tough call. I think we could get some wet snow but is it 32F accumulating paste or 34F slop? I do think just inland will do the 32Fstuff. The GFS really gets the CCB cranking here in the morning. The other models are a bit too progressive.

I'm surprised how aggressive NWS is hitting it around there.  Their discussion has a fair amount of latitude and reasoning, but the general public is not reading that.

2 minutes ago, HinghamBoss said:

I'm surprised how aggressive NWS is hitting it around there.  Their discussion has a fair amount of latitude and reasoning, but the general public is not reading that.

It's fairly chilly aloft, so I think areas that are in the mid 30s when precip starts may drop down to 32F. But on the coast...it will be sloppy...light very near the water. Honestly I can debate myself on the forecast equally on either side.  I think for you and me, best to not go gang busters and utilize the reason why we have ranges. NWS has 14" at BOS which is rather bullish IMO. At least at Logan.

Classic Coastal Front is throwing a wrench into any forecast. Appear now a massive, sharp, huge gradient will develop over a very short distance.
I'm once again put in my place relegated to IMBY  forecasts which means BORING. Not fun this time of year trying to nail a 78F or 82F high. Or the next cool front 10 days out.

Being a profession in times like this is not easy and not only the ones who frequent this forum but the unseen individuals who package forecasts should be given a great deal of leeway on accuracy especial in this event unfolding.   

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like a nice thump for you. No pasties. I can't rule out sleet near the end of it towards dinner time.

Hey Scott, are you thinking we get any mixing later today with the overrunning WAA aloft?  Looks like an impressive area of sleet (yellows/reds on radar suggestive) in the Appalachians of Pennsylvania (my home state).  

Archived