Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday SWFE..Monday Coastal?

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Stash said:

I was thinking 6-10, so sounds good to me. I wouldn't be surprised if amounts were lowered by morning. Even still, it'll be one of the better packs we've had in years.

NWS mentioning the MAUL. 

Then snow, heavy at times, should be
ongoing through the afternoon. Cross sections and those BUFKIT
profiles reveal an enhanced region of 2D-FGEN across the center
of the region as ageostrophic vertical circulation goes nearly
vertical through the column. Furthermore, of interest in the NAM
and 4KM-NAM BUFR profiles, a MAUL (Moist Absolute Unstable
Layer) is forecast later in the afternoon hours. If all of these
variables were to occur, snowfall rates of greater than 1 inch
per hour can be realized. Otherwise, impressive mid level jet in
excess of 100kts approaches with left-exit region dynamics will
further enhance lift. As far as dendritic snow growth, the best
lift intersects the snow growth region around 21Z Sunday.
Average snow ratios through the event are expected to be 12-15:1
initially then drop back to 10-12:1 (near climatology) by late
in the day.

20 minutes ago, bboughton said:

I really don't get a sense of what to expect out of this for Boston.

It looks like 6-8" of paste trailing off overnight Sunday into Monday, with a chance of a burst of a few inches of snow Monday morning around the commute. Is that more or less right? 

I'm in the same boat... Allston. No idea what kind of confidence to have in our area

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Your Lincoln NH locale might be a better spot for this one. 

Yeah we were snowmobiling and watching the Super Bowl there last week.  No luck this week.

At least I know my new snowblower can move the pasty stuff easy enough.  It looked like a rhino taking a dump, but it moved it.

1 minute ago, bboughton said:

I'm just not feeling this one. It feels like a trap.

P.S. I'm a BU alum from '11 

These are risky but focus on WAA-that's a given for daytime snow unless the bl torches and the 925 temperature forecasts are completely off, we're going to have a nice snow tomorrow.   We over performed this morning, and hopefully will get the goods Monday as well.   Where in west Roxbury do you live?   I'm pretty close.  Definitely snowier here vs my old Brookline Village neighborhood.

10 minutes ago, weathafella said:

These are risky but focus on WAA-that's a given for daytime snow unless the bl torches and the 925 temperature forecasts are completely off, we're going to have a nice snow tomorrow.   We over performed this morning, and hopefully will get the goods Monday as well.   Where in west Roxbury do you live?   I'm pretty close.  Definitely snowier here vs my old Brookline Village neighborhood.

I'm not in West Roxbury, I'm in Brighton. Right on the border of Brookline, off Washington St (right by the whole foods).

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I'm hoping one of the E MA weenies (Jay or Cpick come to mind) can chase this in Essex Co. because I'm sure the play by play will change dramatically from town to town as you head NE.  

Yeah my sister lives in Newbury right behind plum island.....Should be fun for them. I'll try and get some videos 

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I'm hoping one of the E MA weenies (Jay or Cpick come to mind) can chase this in Essex Co. because I'm sure the play by play will change dramatically from town to town as you head NE.  

Well hello

I live about 5 Miles into N essex County in LWM, MA but there could be quite the contrast across the county.

My goal is to reach Salisbury Beach ma (basically Ma/Nh border Mon pm and watch 20 foot waves explode like dynamite. 

I am def willing to travel a tad monday am if needed...i.e if weenies demand it

4 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

What about out towards us C MA folk? Right on the periphery it seems. 

C MA is gonna clean up the most from the WAA tomorrow I think...in a GFS scenario, C MA gets some CCB transition too, but the meat of it is to the east. But it prob would put the area solidly into double digits. I'd forecast like 10-15" in a GFS scenario....as opposed to like 6-10" or 8-12" in a NAM scenario.

4 minutes ago, bboughton said:

I'm not in West Roxbury, I'm in Brighton. Right on the border of Brookline, off Washington St (right by the whole foods).

That's a good snow location-some decent elevation here.  I think I got you mixed up with RI Rob.  I bet you final with 8-10+

Archived