Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Sunday SWFE..Monday Coastal?

CoastalWx

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Similar to Thursday, with a really quick period of fury.

Yeah the rates may not match Thursday (it's not easy to get 3" per hour) but the winds may go crazy combined with like 1" per hour stuff on Monday morning. You may get into even heavier stuff in NE MA. It kind of sucks it wasn't just 50-100 miles southwest...it would be a "safer" forecast. But my gut says it's gonna be pretty crazy for at least a few hours in the CCB. 

I wouldn't sell short tomorrow evening though either. That's impressive WAA. We could actually see our best rates in that with the bent back midlevel warm front. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fully expect BOX to issue blizzard warnings for NE MA coastal sections...as early as the 4 pm update.  Not sure, yet, the prospective blizzard conditions will exceed those that verified in SNE on Thursday. 

On a personal (OT) note, I'm currently hanging out in Fredricksburg, VA contemplating if it's really worth turning back around and heading for Cape Ann to Portland, ME.  Will have to make an ultimate decision by 5 pm, and determine if my wife will intiate divorce proceedings if I risk going for it! 

2 minutes ago, ncforecaster89 said:

I fully expect BOX to issue blizzard warnings for NE MA coastal sections...as early as the 4 pm update.  Not sure, yet, the prospective blizzard conditions will exceed those that verified in SNE on Thursday. 

On a personal (OT) note, I'm currently hanging out in Fredricksburg, VA contemplating if it's really worth turning back around and heading for Cape Ann to Portland, ME.  Will have to make an ultimate decision by 5 pm, and determine if my wife will iniate divorce proceedings if I risk going for it! 

Lol...I was thinking you may have the most understanding wife of all of us!

4 minutes ago, ncforecaster89 said:

On a personal (OT) note, I'm currently hanging out in Fredricksburg, VA contemplating if it's really worth turning back around and heading for Cape Ann to Portland, ME.  Will have to make an ultimate decision by 5 pm, and determine if my wife will intiate divorce proceedings if I risk going for it! 

coastal maine sounds like fun

If I didn't have my daughters gymnastics competition I would head up there in the morning. I have to be in NH next week to visit one of my plants.

I may skip Monday am show for Thursday show.

But being from Amish country PA:

bird-in-hand is always worth more than two in the bush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Lol...I was thinking you may have the most understanding wife of all of us!

All of our wives have to be truly understanding to put up with us weather "weenies." Ha ha

Ironically, my first wife was the one who gave me an ultimatum...encouraging me to leave the meteorological field more than 21 years ago.

1 minute ago, weathercoins said:

I've never been this unsure if I should move my flight... getting into BOS at 3 PM Sun from CLT (layover from MEM). Like I should be fine... But in the off chance I'm not I could be stuck til Tuesday soo

I'll echo my earlier advice, Prof. C. Change your flight to get into T F Green instead, and you should be OK. I've utilized this trick numerous times and always been glad I did.

6 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

If I didn't have my daughters gymnastics competition I would head up there in the morning. I have to be in NH next week to visit one of my plants.

I may skip Monday am show for Thursday show.

But being from Amish country PA:

bird-in-hand is always worth more than two in the bush.

Totally empathize with you as I have to choose between Mondays event and the prospective one on Thursday...if either. 

Interestingly, my wifes parents live in Lancaster, Pa (amish country) where I'd likely spend the night to save on expenses.

3 minutes ago, weathercoins said:

Thanks ;). Then you Amtrak to Boston?

That's an option--I've only done that once, it worked fine as my wife picked me up at the University Ave station on 128. That would also work well if you need to pick up your car at Logan or close by given where South Station is.

To be honest, most times I've rented a car. And were I doing it today, I'd be really tempted to Uber/Lyft it, though their dynamic pricing might bite one in the ass during a snowstorm.

Totally empathize with you as I have to choose between Mondays event and the prospective one on Thursday...if either. 

Interestingly, my wifes parents live in Lancaster, Pa (amish country) where I'd likely spend the night to save on expenses.

Very cool. Yeah, that Thursday one has a ton of potential. It is screaming epic event. But you can't shovel potential.

Archived