Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Sunday SWFE..Monday Coastal?

CoastalWx

Just now, ROOSTA said:

SREF plumes (slightly out-of-range) are markedly much less than the previous event. Yellow caution Flag maybe.

Just throwing out an idea of: Models will start toning back now till game-time 

SREFs are typically very low on snowfall if the sfc temps are marginal. For some reason their snowfall algorithm is very sensitive to that. I'd prob focus more on the qpf plumes. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CoastalWx said:

Right, but I think some inland are nervous. Toss the thermals there.

Yeah anyone more than a few miles off the coast should be fine...and maybe NW of I 95. I think even interior SE MA will prob be fine too...at least areas like Walpole Sharon and Franklin. Might get dicey for a period down by Taunton and Norton where the latitude starts becoming an issue. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah anyone more than a few miles off the coast should be fine...and maybe NW of I 95. I think even interior SE MA will prob be fine too...at least areas like Walpole Sharon and Franklin. Might get dicey for a period down by Taunton and Norton where the latitude starts becoming an issue. 

You talking ma or all of sne? Down here we have latitude to deal with.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

That's how I feel. This may be one of those deals where Logan is a mix, and Hyde Park/West Roxbury is a 32F paste job.

Just now, JC-CT said:

You talking ma or all of sne? Down here we have latitude to deal with.

Yeah your area should be mostly ok. It could mix for a time Sunday evening but I'd prob hedge mostly snow. Latitude will be an issue I think south of HFD-PVD. 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah your area should be mostly ok. It could mix for a time Sunday evening but I'd prob hedge mostly snow. Latitude will be an issue I think south of HFD-PVD. 

Lol I am slightly south of HFD-PVD. But I get what you're saying, and terrain-wise I am more N CT than S CT. Roads obviously don't dictate climate. I had a weenie moment...

Archived