Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Sunday SWFE..Monday Coastal?

CoastalWx

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

ha. happy with 15" I must say but left me wanting that 20" plateau that I have not personally hot since Boxing day. I know, now Im greedy. Didnt you get a foot there?

Most of Franklin Co was 6-8" max.  Quabbin hilltowns did well with 12"+

I love that NWS Box used my 6.5" measurement to replace the 8.5" that a Greenfield spotter posted earlier in the day.  I tend to roll real conservative when I send in measurements and they use mine most of the time now for Greenfield. 

#noslantstickshere

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm almost willing to bet (though it's a better question for Will, perhaps...) that's closer to climatology for that location?

They end up with higher totals per season ... because it's colder and just snows more often in smaller affairs than the rest of us. They end up doing it in the aggregate, as it is said.. Contrasting, a stem-wound coastal bomb might meso metro-west Boston with 18" of of thundersnow, once or twice and they end up stealing all the drama. 

Obviously big events hit everywhere, once in a while,... but perception is politics in the game of snow mania too -

with all due respect it has been commonplace although not all 18 plus events but I know I truly lost my mind with the feb 14-15 2015 event that you guys were hi fiving blue eyed purple unicorns in.....the late jan event was the first step off the cliff but that was the worst....that's the one Ginx said was gonna rip a hole in the ozone or something like that and Jim Cantore was running around like a lunatic in +++++ttttsssn

oh well we can always hold out hope

nyc for their climo has had an equally awesome run too

This whole system is weird to me...

It almost has a vibe of "too good to be true" radiating off of it.   We just had an impressive coastal with some 6 to 16" inches regionally, and then a beautiful 2 to 5" cap job over night last night, and ...well, our climo doesn't reeeelly require loading the gun up with something so soon - certainly not of the wrap in blizzard caliber. I would have thunk Sunday's system whiffs E such that the R-wave can have time to re-situate in preparation for the bigger planetary signal on Thursday.

Let's hope we don't get caught in limbo between both; like, Sunday's doesn't completely whiff, but ends up forgettable... just enough to complete hose (transitively) the Thursday system. 

But that's sort of provincial logic speaking...  The Meteorologist in my knows that at some point in the total 1,000,000 years of eastern North American history, there has been 70" weeks - hahaha. 

4 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

Don't forget to save the animated vis sat SNOW-CANE. Warm seclusion would say it's going to have an eye! 

Good post!  agreed - ...this is a candidate for eye-candy Satellite film, if for no other reason ...probably a fantastic schooling tool for rapid cyclogenesis...

...unless all the models are wrong and nothing happens... Excluding that possibility, this should prove quite sexy in re-analysis -

Archived