Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Sunday SWFE..Monday Coastal?

CoastalWx

33 minutes ago, Hoth said:

We have to hope the RGEM isn't hitting the pipe. But wow for out east on that Euro run. Might be like revisiting a week of '15, especially with last night's over performer.

It may be too far S but every other piece has ticked colder to follow. lets see if 12z continues and doesnt reverse.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

This could very easily tick east and north reducing qpf in places recently put in the game.  Western and especially southern areas have snow growth red flags if it doesnt continue trending.

It isnt a nor Easter traveling up the mid Atlantic coast where a tic east will do that

Its a miller b hybrid moving across at a bit higher latitude 

11 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It isnt a nor Easter traveling up the mid Atlantic coast where a tic east will do that

Yes, reasoning with him should do the trick. Just need to keep at it a little longer...

19 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I don't understand that. Why have the option of posting external link as an image?

Because it works fine for every other site except this one.  The developers didn't really consider that a single image would be posted multiple times and yet be different each time.

Blame paranoid people pushing for everything to be secure.  Most major sites are secure (starts with https) now, and if you try to load images from a non-secure site on this one, your browser will freak out and throw up all kinds of ominous warnings.

19 minutes ago, CarverWX said:

Bob, what's your thoughts for down this was? Was surprised box had us in a wsw with 4-8.

Safe call right right now on what I've seen overnight.  We are right on the boundary so it could go either way.  Hope 12z runs continue to di this deeper and faster which would minimize the rains.  That's for the WAA piece.  As the storm blows up places out your way may be clipped by the developing storm.

34 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Id hate to experience a KU with MPM and his jedi TauntingFlizzard2013 witnessing the glass half full approach, I just dont get it. This hobby should be fun, not be miserable and always looking for flaws in it. 

the only big storm he has had up there is feb 13, and ok maybe the october 11 event and one good one around Turkey day a few years ago....I have had a few bigger events than him....he didn't have jan 26-27 2011 either or the retro storm (not sure if you just missed that one or not), or boxing day and the list goes on....

I think he looks ok for this one but his concern is legit and I don't think he complains much at all. He doesn't suffer downsloping issues like I do so for his area nw it has been really about the storm track too far east(whether south or north) or lousy snow growth...in other words just a lot of bad luck

23 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I know that--but the question is where it develops.  If that gets delayed--which is possible--the western especially southern areas will take a hit.  That's all I'm saying.

27 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

the only big storm he has had up there is feb 13, and ok maybe the october 11 event and one good one around Turkey day a few years ago....I have had a few bigger events than him....he didn't have jan 26-27 2011 either or the retro storm (not sure if you just missed that one or not), or boxing day and the list goes on....

I think he looks ok for this one but his concern is legit and I don't think he complains much at all. He doesn't suffer downsloping issues like I do so for his area nw it has been really about the storm track too far east(whether south or north) or lousy snow growth...in other words just a lot of bad luck

Good memory. 

If you drew a line from Lenox MA to Concord NH everyone NW of it has been screwed on big events relative to most of SNE. 

That being said, I don't really see how the atmosphere could screw us on the SWFE tomorrow.   Might be our biggest storm in several years here. 

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That's a paste bomb even in BOS. -3 and 900 and -1 at 950. It may mix or briefly change at 39 hours when 950 warms to +0.4. 

This is going to be a classic case of "mix to start, turning to rain, affecting snow totals" and then we end up with a foot+.

People will act like it was a surprise. Bad mets will forecast low totals because of the brief taint. Then we will get smoked.

Archived