Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Sunday SWFE..Monday Coastal?

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Zeus said:

I think what Ray is getting at is that since the 12z run of yesterday's Euro, the piece he's really interested in has ticked later and further in the subsequent two runs, so if one follows the trend under the assumption that it shall continue (not unlike the way that solutions for yesterday seemingly marched in continuous improvement approaching the first flakes), by the time we hit midday Sunday, he will have resigned himself to finding ways for Thursday to fail him.

But I could be wrong!

At least someone is capable...

Latest P&C for Southern Franklin County.  That's a bunch of snow: Without the clipper, 8-14 plus "could be heavy" on Monday.  Proof of forecast is in the shoveling.

Saturday
Snow. High near 18. Wind chill values as low as -7. Light northeast wind becoming north 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Saturday Night
A 40 percent chance of snow before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 11. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday
Snow, mainly after 9am. High near 28. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Sunday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 23. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
Monday
Snow, mainly before 3pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 30. Blustery. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Latest P&C for Southern Franklin County.  That's a bunch of snow: Without the clipper, 8-14 plus "could be heavy" on Monday.  Proof of forecast is in the shoveling.

Saturday Snow. High near 18. Wind chill values as low as -7. Light northeast wind becoming north 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of snow before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 11. North wind 5 to 10 mph. Sunday Snow, mainly after 9am. High near 28. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. Sunday Night Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 23. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible. Monday Snow, mainly before 3pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 30. Blustery. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Will take it.

I don't think 3-6" is a safe call for BOS....it's possible, but I could easily see them getting less if they don't get much from the bombing phase of the storm in the gulf of maine.

What do you think IMBY? I'm basically on the Waltham/Weston line. Same practically as BOS?

Just now, medmax said:

What do you think IMBY? I'm basically on the Waltham/Weston line. Same practically as BOS?

No, you're definitely far enough west that you would be cold enough for mostly snow I think...and you have a bit of latitude being N of pike.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Lol,18z Nam kuchera map

Those Kuchera maps seemed to barf on themselves a little bit in the last event.  Wasn't it showing like widespread 18" amounts?

I know up here it was wildly wrong as we had lower than 10:1 ratios (like 0.2" QPF to 1.7" snow) where as Kuchie thought we should have 30:1 ratios because it was cold. 

Just now, powderfreak said:

Those Kuchera maps seemed to barf on themselves a little bit in the last event.  Wasn't it showing like widespread 18" amounts?

I know up here it was wildly wrong as we had lower than 10:1 ratios (like 0.2" QPF to 1.7" snow) where as Kuchie thought we should have 30:1 ratios because it was cold. 

I looked at them today and they are not much different then the 10:1 maps for this storm, Except for the Nam one

Archived