Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 12-13 Storm Threat

UlsterCountySnowZ

2 minutes ago, allgame830 said:

Well that's a little bump south looks to be around an 1" increase for Westchester county but a bunch more to north of Rockland and Putnam. Nice trends so far. Maybe I can get up to advisory snows.

Para Nam is pretty snowy, and a decent bump south, some ice for immidiate burbs as well, mostly rain for the island however 

IMG_1791.PNG

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we could get this to dig further Southeast, which wouldn't surprise me all that much given what we've seen over the past few years, we could end up with an explosive setup. The GFS closes off at H5 near Cape Cod, but the surface low passes right off the NJ coast.

Given the synaptic set up, this looks to come off Delmarva to me. This yields the 850 South and East of the island. 700 would be ok as well with an explosive set up. Taking the path of least resistance, I see this coming south with surface and ULL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Para Nam is pretty snowy, and a decent bump south, some ice for immidiate burbs as well, mostly rain for the island however 

IMG_1791.PNG

I'm surprised that those graphics are showing that amount of ZR and SN. The surface looks way too warm to me and the rest of the levels go above freezing very quickly.

8 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

I'm surprised that those graphics are showing that amount of ZR and SN. The surface looks way too warm to me and the rest of the levels go above freezing very quickly.

As am I. Something is wrong with that output, the mid levels are way above freezing as is the surface. It's definitely unsupportive of sleet and freezing rain for that area

1 minute ago, snowman19 said:

As am I. Something is wrong with that output, the mid levels are way about freezing as is the surface. It's definitely unsupportive of sleet and freezing rain for that area

We just don't have enough cold air around which is hard to believe with as cold as it is today. We get into Southwest flow with the surface low tracking just to our South.

Euro much colder and south.. absolutely crushes interior... 4-8" from rockland county to 84, north of 84 is 8+"

Its very tight gradient so it's hard to explain snow totals... south rockland starts at 2" north rockland sees 5" lol... Orange County goes from 3 to 8 up north, Ulster northern Putnam, and southern dutchess  starts 8+

Now that makes sense teleconnections wise! 

Actually doesn't look like it shifted that far south to me, looks like it's a bit more progressive tbh. However, I am looking on my phone and not too closely. That being said, the southern shifts should continue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Archived