joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 12-13 Storm Threat

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The AO is - 2 right now. It was forecast to be rising already. Now, it is expected to be around - 1.5 to - 1 by Monday, however, ensembles keep delaying the rise in AO before a quick plummet as well . They're also showing less of a rise than previously expected. This is where the models are seeing the shifts. That and the NAO is currently falling. I expect this to dig more and close off sooner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Jesus.. off topic.. but our Thursday storm smashes right into MA.. AGAIN... MA and Maine get another 2 feet.... a**holes lmao

parts of northern MA, and southern Maine have 48" by next week 

It kind of makes sense with coastals though.  Especially late bloomers.  Thursday's event could be our biggest of the season too if everything lines up right.

8 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Jesus.. off topic.. but our Thursday storm smashes right into MA.. AGAIN... MA and Maine get another 2 feet.... a**holes lmao

parts of northern MA, and southern Maine have 48" by next week 

I doubt that particular solution will stick this far out though I don't doubt they will get hit hard.  Hoping we can cash in too.

27 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

We need the 500mb and 700mb lows to optimally close off near us for snow to wrap around west of the low. If that happens too late there won't be anything left here when the low goes by. We really need this to dig as much as possible. 

I hate the name "Nemo" lol.  I'm all for naming winter storms if the WSW has enough coverage (mainly because things get confusing when we have like three or four storms in the same month) but some of these names are ridiculous, even if they are named for Jules Verne characters and not cartoon fish.

The other thing is, people should be more clear when referring to Long Island about what part they are talking about.  We live on the opposite side of Long Island- the eastern half is much better with Miller B's than we are.  We could easily get 2" or nothing at all while the eastern half gets over a foot.

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Yes the 100hr storm. The Lindsay storm was actually warm in E MA-it was like a 12/30/00 that cut too far west for Boston.

So basically February 1969 was like the entire 00-01 winter squeezed into one month!  We got both the Millenium storm and the March 2001 bust, all squeezed into one month!

Archived