Newest Member
    Dano62
February 9th Storm Obs

ChescoWx

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, zenmsav6810 said:

The biggest weenie here got the biggest screw job here... me. I had faith in this one too! 

Get back up still time left in the fourth quarter and next week we have good field position anyway. Yeah I know I know Lucy plays for the Patriots :(

* Wait that doesn't make sense they have Tom Brady we have Lucy

58 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Backbuilding over Middlesex/Union Counties!  20+ DBZ echoes and moderate snow started ~15 min ago and looks like it could last another 30 min - could get one last inch out of this...

Oh well.  That band, which looked awesome, really didn't deliver - was 20 DBZ over me for at least 45 min and when I posted, it was really cranking up, so I thought it was going to be great, but, alas, no - we got maybe an additional 1/4".  I'm calling it done for me at 6.5".  Nice storm, but a tad disappointing given the predictions of 8-12" for just about all of Central/Northern NJ.  At least the 6" criterion for a warning verified.  

3 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Excellent pile given what you had to work with! :thumbsup:

Thanks! My wife gets credit too :) - she's a snow bird.

1 hour ago, snowwors2 said:

Well done Kamu...

Just shy of 4" here (half of what I was sure we'd get)..........

first complete "all-nighter" since college days (and that one didn't involve watching snow and was not enjoyable and much more stressful)

Congrats on the 4" - would that be your high for the season so far? My last all nighter was Friday night January 22nd, 2016 :-). It was a lot of fun, but I needed a midday nap on Saturday during the dry slot (the blizzard, you know).

18 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Thanks! My wife gets credit too :) - she's a snow bird.

Congrats on the 4" - would that be your high for the season so far? My last all nighter was Friday night January 22nd, 2016 :-). It was a lot of fun, but I needed a midday nap on Saturday during the dry slot (the blizzard, you know).

Sadly was my "high" for the season...

I actually stayed awake until 8:30 last night then crawled up the stairs for a 14 hour "nap"...still groggy today, need another storm to snap me out of it!! :sleepy:

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Just eyeballing it while shoveling and not reading some of these post....I thought "around" 4" or so. But damn, that was heavy as shiet! My back told me this morning...or age?

Really wish for a 10+" powdery "normal" 12+hr snowfall to end the year...otherwise, total fail, time wasted.

4 or so after heavy wet compaction possibly. I measured 5.9", 6.2", and 6.1" respectively on the snowboard yesterday immediately following the final flake. Went with 6" for a total here. Other NWS obs say not that much, but I beg to differ as I measure textbook. 

23 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

4 or so after heavy wet compaction possibly. I measured 5.9", 6.2", and 6.1" respectively on the snowboard yesterday immediately following the final flake. Went with 6" for a total here. Other NWS obs say not that much, but I beg to differ as I measure textbook. 

I don't doubt ya at all since I didn't measure officially but that was some heavy-wet snow. Tough to measure...

34 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Probably 6" here going by the nearby field but I took the average from my yard and saying 5", now on in winds storms getting all my measurements from the cornfield.

All the good snow came before i got up at 7:45am I truly hate this winter with a passion.

I was driving around between 6-7am...it was pretty sweet. But yeah, this winter has sucked.

Archived