Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 9th Storm Obs

ChescoWx

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worcester, PA  almost 4", but back end is approaching. Don't see much more coming this way unless it builds in from the east which is not evident on radar.  Had the expectation not been so high this would have been pretty good considering 63 degrees yesterday. Good call closing schools as it was really coming down when the kids and buses would have been moving.

11 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Wrapping up here 3.5" total. Biggest fail storm at my location considering guidance 12 hours out, possibly since the 80's

Normally I don't comment on these types of posts because I've been there and done that, but...

Your fail has nothing on some of the epic fails up my way. Back in the epic winters you guys had a few years ago, I really did have some epic busts. One was where the models and the NWS had me getting 12-18 inches of snow at the onset, only to end up with 2 inches of light pixie dust out of the event. I watched wave after wave of heavy snow make it to the Blue Mountain and literally hit a brick wall and die.

5 minutes ago, dizzy9479 said:

Yeah, it's a fail here in South Jersey as well -- here in Williamstown, Gloucester County, despite the WSW, the tiny back road that I'm on hasn't remotely covered -- about 0.75".

Yeah.  Currently have the heaviest snow of the day falling now and it's still only moderate in Washington Twp.   Hit 1" at 8:50 AM.  Paved surfaces are clear.  

2 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Normally I don't comment on these types of posts because I've been there and done that, but...

Your fail has nothing on some of the epic fails up my way. Back in the epic winters you guys had a few years ago, I really did have some epic busts. One was where the models and the NWS had me getting 12-18 inches of snow at the onset, only to end up with 2 inches of light pixie dust out of the event. I watched wave after wave of heavy snow make it to the Blue Mountain and literally hit a brick wall and die.

1990-91 was classic. Schools shutdown night prior and not a single drop of precip. Literally, not a flake. They were calling for 12-18" IIRC. 

4 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Your fail has nothing on some of the epic fails up my way. back in the epic winters you guys had a few years ago, I really did have some epic busts. One was where the models and the NWS had me getting 12-18 inches of snow at the onset, only to end up with 2 inches of light pixie dust out of the event. I watched wave after wave of heavy snow make it to the Blue Mountain and literally hit a brick wall and die.

Must have been the HECS that hit Philly with 28 or 30" and I saw 6" lousy inches. Think about that I am only 32 miles from Philly as the crow flies. Glad you brought that up it still hurts makes me feel better about the current storm.

5 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

1990-91 was classic. Schools shutdown night prior and not a single drop of precip. Literally, not a flake. They were calling for 12-18" IIRC. 

If you were to go back through the years there have been many epic busts like that. I remember at least 2 storms in the 1980s like that when I lived in Bethlehem. 

13 minutes ago, Voyager said:

March 2001

Down to flurries now.   I'm going to call it 2.75" compacted.  The high to the west seems to be shearing the western edge.  I may be wrong and maybe it will happen in time, but the storm doesn't appear to have lifted northeast that much or really bombed yet.  Northern counties cashed in a little better.  If unmixed snow had started here by 4 instead of almost 6, then it might have verified better.

Archived