SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 9th Storm Obs

ChescoWx

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of about 6:15 am, we had about 1" total snow/sleet.  It's about 1/2" of sleet/slush underneath about 1/2" of snow and with temps now down to 30F, it's very slick.  I just shoveled my driveway/sidewalk as I didn't want that mess to freeze solid - from now on I can just shovel snow, which is easy.  Coming down moderately now.  

Just hit 3" here making this my biggest snowfall of the season thus far. Still puking snow. Radar looks decent to the W/SW filling in and heavier returns moving this direction. Needs these rates or something similar next few hours and will hit the target. Fingers crossed! First plow just went thru....all roads completely snow covered. Little to no morning traffic. 

Here in Tamaqua, as of last measurement about an hour ago, I had 4.75 inches. Right now the snow has tapered off quite a bit as this storm is cruising, and the bombing low seems to be robbing moisture off the western flank. I'm thinking we're done with any heavy snow in my neck of the woods, and any additional accumulation will be light.

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Just hit 3" here making this my biggest snowfall of the season thus far. Still puking snow. Radar looks decent to the W/SW filling in and heavier returns moving this direction. Needs these rates or something similar next few hours and will hit the target. Fingers crossed! First plow just went thru....all roads completely snow covered. Little to no morning traffic. 

Also noticed the backfilling on radar.  Gives us some hope.  Low pressure maybe gaining strength over the ocean and throwing back more moisture?

5 minutes ago, wkd said:

Eurowx's snow maps were much more realistic than wxbell's.

wxbell has a long history of unusually high numbers, not sure if that is do to some user input on qpf type or just a nature of the program. 4-8 area wide was as realistic as a call could get for the 4-5 hour SNOW storm that this has been modeled to be.

....closing in on 3" here in Horsham with some nice gusts, and what appears to be a solid 2 hours left of nice snowfall.

2 minutes ago, Sophisticated Skeptic said:

plz nobody ever mention HRRR again.   Even it's 1 hr forecast on it's latest run is wrong.

I mentioned last night it was too progressive and wrong.   It currently has it skooting out to sea in the next hour.

Latest HRRR has an additional 6" here in central Bucks. Will take that in a heartbeat. Quickly closing in on 4" now. Rates last 60 minutes have been nice, easy 2-3" per hours stuff,.

Archived