• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Michael Butler
    Newest Member
    Michael Butler
Feb 9th Coastal Obs

DotRat_Wx

Looks like 14.5 is likely to be my final.

Is it possible to link images into posts from photo sites such as Imgur?  I've tried the "Insert other media" button and then "Image from URL," but when I paste the URL and click "Inster into post," nothing happens (the dialog box doesn't disappear and the image is not inserted).

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

OES was not prominent in this event, but it was still in those area....and there may have been elements of it, as it was mentioned by NWS.

Argue semantic all you want, but at the end of the day....AIT.

Typical CJ event will have a much larger screwjie zone...so that's really all we're arguing. You caught the very narrow stripe that got less.

Glad we don't live there.....

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

OES was not prominent in this event, but it was still in those area....and there may have been elements of it, as it was mentioned by NWS.

Argue semantic all you want, but at the end of the day....AIT.

Eh, I disagree. There really was not a OES deal. Winds went north and only real OES was very early on and that did nothing really. There is always some sort of OE deal even in SWFE, but the NE MA dryslot was more mid level dry air..not some OES subby...which is not real but that's another story.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Typical CJ event will have a much larger screwjie zone...so that's really all we're arguing. You caught the very narrow stripe that got less.

Glad we don't live there.....

It wasn't that narrow.

I'd rather live here than Natick, past year plus not withstanding...

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Eh, I disagree. There really was not a OES deal. Winds went north and only real OES was very early on and that did nothing really. There is always some sort of OE deal even in SWFE, but the NE MA dryslot was more mid level dry air..not some OES subby...which is not real but that's another story.

Qualitatively speaking it was the same appeal.....yes, the oes component was not a big deal.

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

BID and HYA too

Makes sense, cheers.

Was hoping we'd just about make it but just shy of the necessary winds.  Still a really fun storm,and I'd take the wind over more snow, but between never getting under the heaviest banding, and losing 3 hours of snow to rain this morning (which was NOT as predicted) Newport found a way to a relative min, as it usually does, one way or the other.  Snow was quite wet though.

This storm made a lot of people very happy, awesome stuff, can't wait to take a walk in it in the morning.