Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 9th Coastal Obs

TalcottWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah HRRR not the greatest near BOS. Kind of a dry air entrainment as this wraps up. Can see this evident on radar currently.

That wedge of dry air jutting into NE Mass to about the 90/495 junction has been evident on a lot of the guidance I've seen. And based on the radar and the type of snow I'm seeing right now in Framingham, I'm thinking that areas in that wedge end up on the lower end of things. Still a nice snowstorm, and the afternoon hours should rock for a little window.

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

That wedge of dry air jutting into NE Mass to about the 90/495 junction has been evident on a lot of the guidance I've seen. And based on the radar and the type of snow I'm seeing right now in Framingham, I'm thinking that areas in that wedge end up on the lower end of things. Still a nice snowstorm, and the afternoon hours should rock for a little window.

Congrats on your first real post!

14 minutes ago, ncforecaster89 said:

Good morning,  everyone! 

Have traveled more than 825 miles (so far) from Wilmington,  NC, and am currently eating breakfast in New London,  CT.  Been on the road through the night, as I departed my house around 645 pm, yesterday. Ran into the first snows near Newark,  NJ.  It was accumulating pretty good in NYC as I toured the city around 445 am.  

The snow rates and growth was pretty impressive as I drove along I-95N, parallel with the southern CT shore, until I passed through the transition zone once again into heavy rainfall here in New London. Disappointed I was too far S when tssn occurred.  Congrats to those who observed it.  Wishing all of us the best as this event continues to unfold! :) 

Target location is Manomet in Plymouth,  MA...as it stands now. 

You traveled here all night? Hope you have enough coffee to keep you up through the storm lol

16 minutes ago, ncforecaster89 said:

Good morning,  everyone! 

Have traveled more than 825 miles (so far) from Wilmington,  NC, and am currently eating breakfast in New London,  CT.  Been on the road through the night, as I departed my house around 645 pm, yesterday. Ran into the first snows near Newark,  NJ.  It was accumulating pretty good in NYC as I toured the city around 445 am.  

The snow rates and growth was pretty impressive as I drove along I-95N, parallel with the southern CT shore, until I passed through the transition zone once again into heavy rainfall here in New London. Disappointed I was too far S when tssn occurred.  Congrats to those who observed it.  Wishing all of us the best as this event continues to unfold! :) 

Target location is Manomet in Plymouth,  MA...as it stands now. 

It's dumping in Groton now

17 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Welcome! Gonna be a great one. When was your last trip up here? Plymouth in Feb '15?

Thanks!  Actually,  it was Plymouth harbor boat ramp for the blizzard of 2/8/16.

I'm missing all the tssn occurring all around my general vicinity...so I'm going to get back on the road.   Witnessed thundersnow once just W of Washington DC in the blizzard of 1/23/16...but had the camera off as I had just helped dig out a motorist (just my luck) The other time I experienced it was while I was taking a 2 hour nap during the early part of the blizzard of 2015 in Rockport,  MA.  Thus,  I desperately want to get it on tape, just once! Ha ha

Archived