Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 9th Coastal Obs

TalcottWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning,  everyone! 

Have traveled more than 825 miles (so far) from Wilmington,  NC, and am currently eating breakfast in New London,  CT.  Been on the road through the night, as I departed my house around 645 pm, yesterday. Ran into the first snows near Newark,  NJ.  It was accumulating pretty good in NYC as I toured the city around 445 am.  

The snow rates and growth was pretty impressive as I drove along I-95N, parallel with the southern CT shore, until I passed through the transition zone once again into heavy rainfall here in New London. Disappointed I was too far S when tssn occurred.  Congrats to those who observed it.  Wishing all of us the best as this event continues to unfold! :) 

Target location is Manomet in Plymouth,  MA...as it stands now. 

1 minute ago, ncforecaster89 said:

Good morning,  everyone! 

Have traveled more than 825 miles (so far) from Wilmington,  NC, and am currently eating breakfast in New London,  CT.  Been on the road through the night, as I departed my house around 645 pm, yesterday. Ran into the first snows near Newark,  NJ.  It was accumulating pretty good in NYC as I toured the city around 445 am.  

The snow rates and growth was pretty impressive as I drove along I-95N, parallel with the southern CT shore, until I passed through the transition zone once again into heavy rainfall here in New London. Disappointed I was too far S when tssn occurred.  Congrats to those who observed it.  Wishing all of us the best as this event continues to unfold! :) 

You are a chasing big snow legend sir. Awesome! enjoy!

1 minute ago, ncforecaster89 said:

Good morning,  everyone! 

Good effort.  Stay safe have fun!

3 minutes ago, ncforecaster89 said:

Good morning,  everyone! 

Welcome! Gonna be a great one. When was your last trip up here? Plymouth in Feb '15?

Archived