Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 9th Coastal Obs

TalcottWx

6 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Thank God I didn't come home.  The SAME situation of most storms for the past 5 years from the Blizzard of 2013 on is happening again.  The death band stays the Longest from the middle of CT through Worcester to SENH into Maine, and the other good stuff sacks SE Mass., while us in the middle get crumbs.  

Moreover the Death Band SHOULD be at the yellow line now, but has Pivoted over Worcester's head.  Will deserves it so I'm happy.  

There are strangely though THE MOST LIGHTNING reports I've ever heard AND THE MOST THUNDER reports I've ever heard... EVER, and they are coming from that very screw job region - Rhode Island.  

I'm always one to hear a RI snow hole whine, and there's certainly been some blizzards where I've seen 7 and everyone around (including the NW part of RI) has 16".  In this one though, while we haven't had the best of it, crumbs seems a huge exageration.  Down here we took a little too long to change from rain, but even so, it's snowing 2inches an hour easy, and it's doing so sideways.  Providence has done decently well as well.  Most of RI has been under some really good stuff, if not the heaviest banding.  Even that map shows good rates, just not the best one.   I've got Blizzard conditions.  I'll take those crumbs.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ryanjn said:

The band is right over us and just NW. What line are you on? Is it snowing heavy there too yet? I think it probably broadens kind of like it's doing now as it meets up with the precip feeding into it from the south. Hires models showing decent reflectivity over us until about 5pm. 

i'm on the line literally W  Andover/N And. and LWM

yes its been dumping for a while....prob on eastern end of it

Archived