Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 9th Coastal Obs

TalcottWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CTWeatherFreak said:

Non stop thunder and lightening here  for almost an hour.

Is it single strokes or multiple? Is it loud or is it softer cause it's being softened by the snow? Does Jim Cantore know about it? 

We discussed the same timeframe for the past 24 hours and people are ready to jump off the Tobin. 

I think the rapidly deepening storm passing inside of the 40/70 will probably just have the ccb dissipate past noon. Probably just magically vaporize.

It would be good if we had accumulating snow and we knew the ccb was coming. Right now it's not even snowing and you lose valuable hours of potential.

Just now, Patfan1987 said:

It would be good if we had accumulating snow and we knew the ccb was coming. Right now it's not even snowing and you lose valuable hours of potential.

The storm is performing exactly as forecasted. Noontime has always been the start of the real stuff. I just don't know what else to say

1 minute ago, Patfan1987 said:

There will be a good stretch this afternoon and we will likely pull double digits, but this will be forgettable on our area.

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Flake size and rates continue to improve-slowly but discernibly.   Maybe they're clearing the appetizer plates and dinner is moving in...

I don't think we get our dinner served before 1pm Jerry... we hear the lip smacking and high fives nearby in CT / Western MA, and we should get a taste later this afternoon. Just hope it's not cleared too quickly.

The promised cross-hair soundings should arrive 1-4pm with the exiting CCB, we hope

Just now, CTWeatherFreak said:

Multiple; Ryan on the air has been showing the local lightening strike map. Prolific all around my area.

3 minutes ago, ryanjn said:

Is it single strokes or multiple? Is it loud or is it softer cause it's being softened by the snow? Does Jim Cantore know about it? 

I get the sense the sound is traveling a much shorter distance, and there haven't been any really sharp cracks, but it's really like being a moderate, long duration summer thunderstorm.

Just now, wxsniss said:

I don't think we get our dinner served before 1pm Jerry... we hear the lip smacking and high fives nearby in CT / Western MA, and we should get a taste later this afternoon. Just hope it's not cleared too quickly.

The promised cross-hair soundings should arrive 1-4pm with the exiting CCB, we hope

I think this steady ramp up is the precursor.  I'm at around 3.5 now and probably 1/hour.  And as I write the flakes get better.

Archived