Total Members
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu
DotRat_Wx

Feb 9th Coastal Obs

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Almost stopped snowing here...very light snow falling, 1/4"-1/2" at most.  Snowing since 8.

yeah the 'dry slotting' is even worse for you up in the M-valley region.  

I'm here in Ayer and we flirt with steadier stuff but then the radar surges back west with the lull zone and we go back down to flurries again. Right now we are in a relative pick-up tho -... Say 3/4 mi vis

4 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

This E MA dry slot was well forecasted. Not sure why it's a shock. It's always been a post noon event. 

Really it was always a 6-7 hr event for area? With 12-18 forecast that is quite the rates

you can see this dry air zone morphing into a bit of a more traditional subby zone as the band from MHT over to just north of PSM strengthens.

its not going anywhere fast

1 minute ago, dan11295 said:

Chicopee-Jaffrey line is just getting pounded right now

That's pretty loud and clearly suspicious of being the frontogenic band that the models were playing around with ... Pretty strong testament of skill there - 

Sometimes those feature 'pivot' back E slowly as the low pulls by so... like a last 1 to 2 hour hurrah -

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Really it was always a 6-7 hr event for area? With 12-18 forecast that is quite the rates

Well I mean just look what is occurring and heading our way.... 7h hasn't even closed off yet.

Congrats on the thundersnow.  Nice to see the Pioneer Valley/Western Mass/Springfield getting a big storm.  

Heavy snow in MHT.  The drive home from work this morning was tough.  Glad a lot of people are staying home today.  

If I had an accordion, I'd be playing it.  Wind whipping and snow coming down in sheets under that narrow band oriented across CT.

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Whatever's is falling is adding up quickly.  Fairly pedestrian to higher occasionally rates have me at 3 inches pre big stuff.  It won't be hard to get a foot in 6 hours-look at CT.

42 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Dryslot and Lava rock are getting destroyed.  I hope that works its way to the coast....

We got bumped to 8-12", This stuff is Kuchera ratio