Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 9th Coastal Obs

TalcottWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this is subsidence ..or perhaps dry air being advective into the early circulation from the E... but, this "dry slot" on radar up here in Essex and northern Middlesex is for real. 

We have just very light snow have for well over an hour.  Perhaps we'll make up for it late, but I seem to recall a few model products over recent days with the low output band up this way so I am also wondering if that is just materializing as we speak.  interesting. 

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Not sure if this is subsidence ..or perhaps dry air being advective into the early circulation from the E... but, this "dry slot" on radar up here in Essex and northern Middlesex is for real. 

We have just very light snow have for well over an hour.  Perhaps we'll make up for it late, but I seem to recall a few model products over recent days with the low output band up this way so I am also wondering if that is just materializing as we speak.  interesting. 

Almost stopped snowing here...very light snow falling, 1/4"-1/2" at most.  Snowing since 8.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Almost stopped snowing here...very light snow falling, 1/4"-1/2" at most.  Snowing since 8.

yeah the 'dry slotting' is even worse for you up in the M-valley region.  

I'm here in Ayer and we flirt with steadier stuff but then the radar surges back west with the lull zone and we go back down to flurries again. Right now we are in a relative pick-up tho -... Say 3/4 mi vis

4 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

This E MA dry slot was well forecasted. Not sure why it's a shock. It's always been a post noon event. 

Really it was always a 6-7 hr event for area? With 12-18 forecast that is quite the rates

you can see this dry air zone morphing into a bit of a more traditional subby zone as the band from MHT over to just north of PSM strengthens.

its not going anywhere fast

Archived