SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 9th Coastal Obs

TalcottWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a loooong time lurker and new poster I notice the trends on the board during these storms.  You get projected 12 inches you expect it to over perform, aim high. When things don't get all wrapped up nicely and start coming together as advertised it's a flop right out the gates. 

Nature is gonna nature, what will be will be, enjoy the ride but remember you're not driving.

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

starting to see the areas that are going to bust low

CT folks are getting destroyed

It's early still for some eastern areas. There was always supposed to be a finger of fronto up into NH/ME first. The rain in SE sections may cost them a couple inches, but it still looks on track overall.

1 minute ago, White Rain said:

Looks like CT may jack in this one unless it goes bonkers in Eastern MA later. Snow gradually increasing here as that band creeps east. Maybe SE MA can pull some epic rates after changing to snow there. 

SE MA is going to be ridiculous later...they catch CCB stuff.

29 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

No W. MA screw job this storm.   Where is Codfish? He looks to be under good banding.

19 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yes, yes he should have. 

Nice.  I'll be relying on you and my wife to give me updates....I have a suspicion you'll be offering them more often.

I think I saw a flake here, but it might just be blowing snow from Tuesday.  Down to 22*

2 minutes ago, The Graupler said:

As a loooong time lurker and new poster I notice the trends on the board during these storms.  You get projected 12 inches you expect it to over perform, aim high. When things don't get all wrapped up nicely and start coming together as advertised it's a flop right out the gates. 

Nature is gonna nature, what will be will be, enjoy the ride but remember you're not driving.

Don't waste your time psychoanalyzing the board. We all know.

1 minute ago, SouthCoastMA said:

40 here but it's not supposed to snow here until 11am or so. If you looked at the RGEM or NAM for the last two cycles you'd know that 

Meant to be all snow here as forecast 9am, we can't pretend this isn't on the warmer end of guidance just at the beginning, and it's not showing any signs of flipping soon.  We're going to lose several hours of snow.  Noting that isn't having some fevered weener panic, it's just a fact.  It's nothing anyone on the coast hasn't seen before.

1 minute ago, NeonPeon said:

Meant to be all snow here as forecast 9am, we can't pretend this isn't on the warmer end of guidance just at the beginning, and it's not showing any signs of flipping soon.  We're going to lose several hours of snow.  Noting that isn't having some fevered weener panic, it's just a fact.  It's nothing anyone on the coast hasn't seen before.

Yes you can't deny the start of the storm is a bust for a lot of coastal areas. 

Archived