SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 9th Coastal Obs

TalcottWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gentlemen of the coven: I have just returned from repurposing snow. What was formerly car hat and driveway blanket is now yard lumps. We feel this realignment best suits our mission going forward, which includes leaving the ****in house tomorrow.

Also, I did some elaborate yard science, and -- don't call it a comeback -- but: 11"

Doubting Thomasi are welcome to approach and verify, but only if they bring alcohol.

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Gentlemen of the coven: I have just returned from repurposing snow. What was formerly car hat and driveway blanket is now yard lumps. We feel this realignment best suits our mission going forward, which includes leaving the ****in house tomorrow.

Also, I did some elaborate yard science, and -- don't call it a comeback -- but: 11"

Doubting Thomasi are welcome to approach and verify, but only if they bring alcohol.

You get an A for this storm thread....

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

I cleaned 5 separate times, dog paths and all. Spent about 3 hours in it and loved every second.  How much did you get 

Yeah I'm dumb and waited until the end. The top was fluff but the very bottom layer might as well have been a sheet of ice.

I measured 13 exactly, and then maybe a couple tenths of an inch of fluff fell. I smoked exhaust from the megaband for a bit and then hung out on the fringe of it for most of the storm.

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

4 separate lightning thunder episodes , one flash and boom was pure pink . This storm gets an A+ in the book of Ginx. Winds, Tstorms, 4 per hour, in like a wall. 14.5 final

Is there a way to pull up the lightning data? There was a ton out this way.

6 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

+SN.   5".   Shoveled a bit, I was a little surprised at the density.   Small and medium flakes falling.

I imagine that death band east of here is maybe more powdery?

Berkshire east did quite well but had a weird snow quality... dry but almost sticky.  Dense but you could hit the hard pack underneath .  Super slow on the flats.  Still fun if you kept your speed up.

2 hours ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Very close to 15 here . Awesome storm for this area.  Lots of 14-16 reports I believe are solid.  Not sure about the 18 at Ludlow and Suffield but they could have been in the band a bit longer i guess. 

FWIW the Ludlow reports have come in at the top of the Hampshire co PNS for as many storms as I can recall lately.  Make of that what you will.  That said it is a lot in this area.

My neighbor went to work today. Drove home during the height of the storm in his little VW Bug. Said most roads weren't plowed. Made into our housing development, tried to hang a left into his driveway and ended up on the neighbors front lawn. My friend and I shoveled him out and got him into his own garage. Fun times.

Archived