Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 9th Coastal Obs

TalcottWx

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

BID and HYA too

Makes sense, cheers.

Was hoping we'd just about make it but just shy of the necessary winds.  Still a really fun storm,and I'd take the wind over more snow, but between never getting under the heaviest banding, and losing 3 hours of snow to rain this morning (which was NOT as predicted) Newport found a way to a relative min, as it usually does, one way or the other.  Snow was quite wet though.

This storm made a lot of people very happy, awesome stuff, can't wait to take a walk in it in the morning.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah...it just sounded like you attributed it to a CJ. 

No, I said the oes component was insignificant.

I do think that low level convergence may have been augmented by cf at one point...though this was more synoptic, yes....just so happened to match said scenario qualitatively speaking...

1 minute ago, The Graupler said:

Just over 10 here. 

It's tough to measure. I have a spot that is kind of flat and ok from wind. On the N side of town. Also good to do it every 6 hrs. Even the Quincy and Randolph guys who can be low has 10-11 earlier. I know the Randolph guys..former co-worker.

From 6am today

"I like a general 10-15" MAX for this event.

Someone could lolli more but i think with the way this is so consolidated we are asking for a bust forecasting any more than that.

I think there will be some areas that take a bit longer to get steady rates going while others rip for hrs prior (and i don't mean western areas first)

I like a general  forecast of  8-14" forecast for this event with the higher end more likely down by SE CT, RI, SE MA"

not a bad call

Archived