Weathernoob335
Feb 9th Coastal Obs

TalcottWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Did the framingham milford area get a bit of a screwgie as well

Early on we saw that dry wedge but we made up for lost time in the expected window -- flakes only got beefy within the deathband, and while we didn't get quite the sit-n-spin Boston did, it did seem to hang around and backbuild just enough to give the 'ham its due.

Awesome storm, and have some spectacular peak intensity video

For the Boston area, salvaged by that deformation band for 2-3 hours.

It's not over in Boston, but I doubt we make the NWS 12-18" range or my own expectation of 10-14". Guidance (0z Euro, 0z RGEM, 0z NAM last night) did show a relative subsidence area in NE MA for a few hours, and we knew the system was progressive, but I don't think we anticipated: 

1) abysmal snowgrowth through most of the storm, except during part of the deformation band

2) dry air mixed in and/or we were stuck in subsidence for first 6 hours (half of the storm!)

Looks like 14.5 is likely to be my final.

Is it possible to link images into posts from photo sites such as Imgur?  I've tried the "Insert other media" button and then "Image from URL," but when I paste the URL and click "Inster into post," nothing happens (the dialog box doesn't disappear and the image is not inserted).

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

OES was not prominent in this event, but it was still in those area....and there may have been elements of it, as it was mentioned by NWS.

Argue semantic all you want, but at the end of the day....AIT.

Typical CJ event will have a much larger screwjie zone...so that's really all we're arguing. You caught the very narrow stripe that got less.

Glad we don't live there.....

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

OES was not prominent in this event, but it was still in those area....and there may have been elements of it, as it was mentioned by NWS.

Argue semantic all you want, but at the end of the day....AIT.

Eh, I disagree. There really was not a OES deal. Winds went north and only real OES was very early on and that did nothing really. There is always some sort of OE deal even in SWFE, but the NE MA dryslot was more mid level dry air..not some OES subby...which is not real but that's another story.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Typical CJ event will have a much larger screwjie zone...so that's really all we're arguing. You caught the very narrow stripe that got less.

Glad we don't live there.....

It wasn't that narrow.

I'd rather live here than Natick, past year plus not withstanding...

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Eh, I disagree. There really was not a OES deal. Winds went north and only real OES was very early on and that did nothing really. There is always some sort of OE deal even in SWFE, but the NE MA dryslot was more mid level dry air..not some OES subby...which is not real but that's another story.

Qualitatively speaking it was the same appeal.....yes, the oes component was not a big deal.

Archived