Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 9th Coastal Obs

TalcottWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Hopefully we can do a bit better on Monday.

Hi Dan,

I'm slightly SE of you in Methuen. Basically moderate to heavy snow since around 11:30. I measured 5.5 inches around 2.  Hopefully we can end up with somewhere between 10-12. At least it finally looks and feels like winter. And then add onto the pack on Saturday and Monday.

so ended up with just over 16" here, hard to measure with all the drifting and what not... could be more, but avg was 16.5, from 6 different measurements... anyone hit 20? I know that band sat and screamed for a while in central CT and MA, I was in Waterbury for tssn, that was awesome...

Just now, BrianW said:

Looks to be back filling out west in CT?

radar12.JPG

yeah Im in a suck hole, snowing all around me

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

best back building in recent memory and its not just mood snows, this is 1"hr type stuff. wind is whipping. Making a run at 16", currently 14.25". 

Just posted about that. Reports from a friend in Stamford says its ripping there.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The best banding is getting the best lift in the DGZ. I had 22:1 in my few hours under it. Of course the sand you guys were getting was probably closer to 9-10:1 at the start. 

Oh wow. Yeah idk for sure if that was the issue, just throwing it out there as a possible culprit. But we didn't start getting good snow until 1pm. I think the banding was a bit tighter than some models showed so it ended a bit sooner too. It's still snowing though, so it's not totally over yet. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Models had Lowell/LWM with like 2" total by 18z. They did well on that part. We'll see how much more falls...this stuff tries to backbuild a little as the low nukes out, so the 1" per hour stuff may last a bit.

Yup, had around 1.5" at 12:30, 5" in next 2 hrs, and about 1" in past hour, and seems to be accumulating at about 1"/hr.

Just took a lap around the block and wow it's pounding and howling. Got 4.5", 6" and 9" on my three measurements - it's almost impossible to get a good one in this area between the buildings trying to do their own snow removal and the wind whipping everything around. My guess is that the 6" one is the closest but we'll see what it looks like when I get home.

Archived