Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 9th Coastal Obs

TalcottWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Sucks...could see this coming a mile away, but the deformation delusions continued from some.

hahaha, we should have two obs threads -

one for the clearly veiny, one-eyed monster enraged storm strokers in CT

one for the reality of this shred-fest of a storm that's everyone else... 

I'm kidding of course... Frankly, I don't need 20 inches of snow. I don't need much more than 5" to have fun with the fact that it's winter.  As a home owner and work commuter and so forth ...the middle aged responsible mindedness inside me, has grown up in recent years.  But, I'm mocking the event for commiseration's sake for the record. 

There's time for things to turn around in the coin-slot -

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

its honestly more than that Ray, nobody wants to talk about relative screw zones ahead of the storm for some reason. They miscalculate that doing so will make it worse for those that get the shaft, instead just say its gonna rip later until the storm is over

Sure....it will eventually collapse east to give you a quick reach around, while on its was to stroke the CJ.

Glad I saw this coming and only went 10-16"....likely low end.

1 minute ago, Sn0waddict said:

The amount of strikes just north of plainville is something i've never seen before in a snowstorm.

I'm sitting right on the side of Rattlesnake Mountain in Farmington, and I can confirm how awesome, in the literal sense of the word, this has been.

4 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

We discussed the same timeframe for the past 24 hours and people are ready to jump off the Tobin. 

I think the rapidly deepening storm passing inside of the 40/70 will probably just have the ccb dissipate past noon. Probably just magically vaporize.

See my previous post.

"Sure....it will eventually collapse east to give you a quick reach around, while on its was to stroke the CJ.

Glad I saw this coming and only went 10-16"....likely low end"

Right on cue.

1 minute ago, Solar said:

I'm sitting right on the side of Rattlesnake Mountain in Farmington, and I can confirm how awesome, in the literal sense of the word, this has been.

I just looked at the lightning data near there and a tiny area has like 43 CGs stacked on top of each other. 

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Flake size and rates continue to improve-slowly but discernibly.   Maybe they're clearing the appetizer plates and dinner is moving in...

Same here. Radar looking a bit better BOS south also.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Parents lost power. 

Location?

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

See my previous post.

"Sure....it will eventually collapse east to give you a quick reach around, while on its was to stroke the CJ.

Glad I saw this coming and only went 10-16"....likely low end"

Right on cue.

10-16" is exactly what we forecasted. We both agreed on those numbers. 

Archived