Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 8-9 Short range disco and Obs - STORM MODE

stormtracker

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

That was really cool. After the first squall ended the sun came out and all the snow melted on the grass outside of the shadow of my house. I had a big square of my back yard covered in snow, still do actually, and everything else was grass. 

Neat.  Looks like the last shower stayed south of you.  Can't believe Stephens City did this well today.  Squalls are usually not kind to MBY.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

That was really cool. After the first squall ended the sun came out and all the snow melted on the grass outside of the shadow of my house. I had a big square of my back yard covered in snow, still do actually, and everything else was grass. 

Another squall looks like it's hitting Kernstown and the southern parts of the Winchester Beltway.  81 covered.

The last snow we had graciously gave me 2.8 inches. At the same time, many communities well to the north got shafted. This storm, I am happy for them as those same north MD communities enjoyed 2-3 inches of snow. I wish they had gotten demolished by a foot of snow. They DESERVE it, and besides, its CLIMO for them.

Just now, BristowWx said:

This one's for you Jeb..straight from western Prince William County..I think you'll be pleasedI think you'll be pleased

All I can say is WOW - near whiteout, sharply reduced visibilities, lawns are turning white, snow blowing off the top of the car lol - just wow

Thanks!

The Second Heavy Squall of the afternoon. Covering everything again except for the street. 29 degrees. In the shaded areas that didn't melt between squalls there is about a quarter inch. The Benchmark was hit. Actually a pretty nice winter day with two very heavy snow showers. Cant complain

2 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

The Second Heavy Squall of the afternoon. Covering everything again except for the street. 29 degrees. In the shaded areas that didn't melt between squalls there is about a quarter inch. The Benchmark was hit. Actually a pretty nice winter day with two very heavy snow showers. Cant complain

That was arguably one of the best snow squalls I've ever seen I hope you can agree

2 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Yep, eminently a very enjoyable winter day. I have a quarter inch now.

1 minute ago, Jebman said:

That was the BEST EVER snow squall I have ever seen in Dale City! It was like a milkshake froth out there with the winds and the brief heavy snow.

I got another one for you I'm gonna send it down in coming and pour a glass of whiskey

Just now, BristowWx said:

I think I got another one for you I'm gonna send it down in coming and pour yourself a drinkI think I got another one for you I'm gonna send it down in coming and pour a glass of whiskey

All of your posts today have a portion of the text twice.  Posting from mobile or something??

Archived