Newest Member
    joxey
February 8-9 Short range disco and Obs - STORM MODE

stormtracker

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

It wasn't discussed much in here but every single 18Z model dropped off in QPF compared to 12Z. That's the start of the slide towards a nonevent.

Yea, that trend has been bothersome. I was hoping to break 1" here in Damascus, but not feeling too optimistic. 

1 minute ago, Amped said:

1" to meet expectations

6" to feel not feel pissed off

Pretty much. Heck, even with 3" I wouldn't be pissed off unless I think about 40N.

But things don't always work out the way I want. A lot of the guidance is showing that tight gradient I mentioned earlier today. With the HRRR it seems to be right at the M/D line, while other models have it north of me but south of mapgirl and psuhoffman.

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Damascus has good elevation.  Isn't your area 700'+ . That should help with temps even though you're south 

Yea, the elevation is 780' IMBY and 820' just across the street from me. I was hoping that would be the case. We will see.

2 minutes ago, jnis said:

Yea, the elevation is 780' IMBY and 820' just across the street from me. I was hoping that would be the case. We will see.

I don't know if your elevation will help you much. In other marginal storms that have snow but BL issues, you'd be in a really good spot, but this time it seems to be all about latitude and hoping for a changeover.

1 minute ago, Fozz said:

I don't know if your elevation will help you much. In other marginal storms that have snow but BL issues, you'd be in a really good spot, but this time it seems to be all about latitude and hoping for a changeover.

Yea, I'm thinking you're correct. I'm currently at 50/42.

3 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

With elevation on your side, I think you'll see at least an inch. Maybe 2". The further north on 27 you go, the better accumulation. 

I hope so - Damascus has not had more than .5" yet this year. Everything has either been to the south or north. Seeing snow maps that basically show a west to east gradient like the 0z Nam, but don't show Parrs Ridge like earlier runs has me less optimistic. But I will listen to you more than my own faulty analysis lol. 

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The storm will make its own cold air. We'll get good enough ratios to make up for wasted qpf. There will be thundersnow. Rates will overcome the 42F temps at 12z. South trend. 

I think I covered all the bases there. :P 

My dew point has held steady for a while now. 

You sound like that Roger dude from British Columbia...Btw, why the hell does he give this sub forum forecasts? Sorry if Im getting off topic.....I think Ill head to bed so I can get up at 5AM and watch my heavy rain turn to white rain.

Archived