• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Please post your observations, and other data for the Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017 here - Thanks!

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ag3 said:

LGA is already at 8.51"-9.49" with at least 3"-5" more to go.

I am well west of that and unless some more banding moves in, we are not gonna reach that. Got about 4-5 OTG and it started snowing around 630, so not really that impressive in my view IMBY. But it's still a nice event. I don't see 3-5 to go here, I'll let others weigh in, but the fact that others in CNJ don't have much to add tells me a lot.

1 minute ago, NYCGreg said:

Maybe they are caught between two bands.  I can tell you that we have a mean band set up in NENJ (I'm in Hoboken).

It's an error by LGA. They reported 3" of snow in last hour alone. And 3" in 1 hour the hour before that. Super heavy snow.

9" On the ground.

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

I am well west of that and unless some more banding moves in, we are not gonna reach that. Got about 4-5 OTG and it started snowing around 630, so not really that impressive in my view IMBY. But it's still a nice event. I don't see 3-5 to go here, I'll let others weigh in, but the fact that others in CNJ don't have much to add tells me a lot.

http://www.pivotalweather.com/model.php?m=hrrr&p=qpf_acc&rh=2017020914&fh=4&r=us_ne&dpdt=

2 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

We've seen several storms like this in the past few years.  As a matter fact back in January, JFK had 8" while NYC only had 5".  We had 9.5" in that one just a few miles to the east of JFK.  Another one was the December 2009 storm that dumped 15" at JFK and about 8-10" in NYC, with 20" just a few miles to the east of JFK.

1 minute ago, Paragon said:

We've seen several storms like this in the past few years.  As a matter fact back in January, JFK had 8" while NYC only had 5".  We had 9.5" in that one just a few miles to the east of JFK.  Another one was the December 2009 storm that dumped 15" at JFK and about 8-10" in NYC

well it happens; to the east has done better of late, but in this storm Monmouth is not crushing it like it usually does.

4 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

An inch or two more at most for our area. A general 5 to 7 total seems likely

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

well it happens; to the east has done better of late, but in this storm Monmouth is not crushing it like it usually does.

Yes, that's pretty confusing, as Monmouth is upstream from us, so what they get is what we get an hour or two later.

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Over 8" here, probably 8.5". The snowplow just came by-this will be one mother to shovel this afternoon when it's done. The bottom half of this is still really dense/heavy. Now it's fluffier and blowing around, and still coming down hard as anything.

It's going to be harder to shovel than a powdery 20" snowstorm would be.  I wonder what the liquid equivalent is going to end up being.

Archived