• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Please post your observations, and other data for the Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017 here - Thanks!

WeatherFox

1 minute ago, Paragon said:

Did you have some sleet at the start too?  No thundersnow here but I saw some on video from Manhattan around 7 AM

I may have-I woke up at around 6:30 and it was snowing heavily here then. The dual pol animation suggests I went to all snow by 6am. Like I thought, the R/S line crashed south here with the heavy precip onset. I'm keeping up with everyone else accum-wise so it didn't cost me. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I may have-I woke up at around 6:30 and it was snowing heavily here then. The dual pol animation suggests I went to all snow by 6am. Like I thought, the R/S line crashed south here with the heavy precip onset. I'm keeping up with everyone else accum-wise so it didn't cost me. 

Yeah no more pinging from 6 am onwards, we were below freezing by then too.

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Looks like a mean band is setting up just west of me over Queens and NW Nassau. 

Hopefully it gets in here before too long.  I want it to snow here through 4 PM and then have it stop so I can go out to measure at 5 PM for the storm total while there's still some light outside.

Just now, Paragon said:

Hopefully it gets in here before too long.  I want it to snow here through 4 PM and then go out to measure at 5 PM while there's still some light outside.

I doubt it lasts until 4pm-this is still booking it to the east. Models do suggest some snow showers around in the afternoon though. 

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

Feeling jipped with not hearing thunder yet. I need that cherry on this sundae. 

Yeah if we get thundersnow in the next few hours it'll remind me of the first storm from Feb 1994- that one snuck up on us too, happened in the middle of the day and we had thundersnow from 10 AM to around noon with that one and ended up with 8 inches of snow in less than 6 hours.

Archived