• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Please post your observations, and other data for the Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017 here - Thanks!

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rtd208 said:

The snow is pretty wet, we initially had some rain/sleet for the first couple of hours that transitioned to snow, still a solid 7.0"-8.0" snowfall here.

Did you measure it? Because it only looked 4-5 when I went out to clean, unless compression played a role, I don't think we got much over 6 over here. Anyone have numbers for other spots nearby? Then it could be when I stepped on the snow I couldn't sink too far in because it was heavy, still not really a major storm for a lot of us, but a good one. Think cleaning a foot of this stuff would be dangerous....

44 minutes ago, Paragon said:

I'd add in a third method, use liquid equivalent and apply a specific ratio based on the average temperature during the storm.  Yes, it doesn't take into account a lot of other factors, but frankly, liquid equivalent is the only objective quantity here, everything else is subject to the rules one uses to measure snowfall.

That's true, can't hurt to have another means of comparison.

48 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Did you measure it? Because it only looked 4-5 when I went out to clean, unless compression played a role, I don't think we got much over 6 over here. Anyone have numbers for other spots nearby? Then it could be when I stepped on the snow I couldn't sink too far in because it was heavy, still not really a major storm for a lot of us, but a good one. Think cleaning a foot of this stuff would be dangerous....

Just 5 INches around Somerset County

Somewhat surprised Central Park was able to pile up to 9.4" at one point considering how warm the city ground was yesterday. Definitely not much left here in my section of BK...only about 4/5" and just starting to firm up.

It would seem Monmouth County got skunked the worst out of this system based on the modeling yesterday--had a few hours of heavy rain and never really caught the best banding after the switch to snow.

2 minutes ago, ag3 said:

Glad to see a NYC station with double digits.

I finished with 10.5" here in Whitestone, Queens.

I know most are disappointed with the way things turned out around here, but this was definitely an overperformer in my book...maybe NE NJ should've done a little better.

Weenies and even some mets included put a little too much stock in those clown maps yesterday.

Archived