• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Please post your observations, and other data for the Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017 here - Thanks!

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Backbuilding over Middlesex/Union Counties!  20+ DBZ echoes and moderate snow started ~15 min ago and looks like it could last another 30 min - could get one last inch out of this...

Dammit!  As others said, that band, which looked awesome, really didn't deliver - was 20 DBZ over me for at least 45 min and when I posted, it was really cranking up, so I thought it was going to be great, but, alas, no - we got maybe an additional 1/4".  I'm calling it done for me at 6.5".  Nice storm, but a tad disappointing given the predictions of 8-12" for just about all of Central/Northern NJ.  At least the 6" criterion for a warning verified.  

2 minutes ago, Morris said:

when the forecast is 8-12, it can also be 8 once.... Looks like ratios were worse than 10:1... They have 1.16" LE

Some may have been wasted as non accumulating early on.  They've had .82 since 7am so definitely either some was wasted early or the ratios at the start were 7 or 8:1

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

I think they measured wrong in those obs earlier.  They were way higher than JFK and EWR all morning which seemed odd  

I had similar measurements during those 2 hours of 3" an hour. My measurement is 10.2". They're 9.6" is not that far off.

12 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

9" for central park. Not bad

Still snowing, so they still have a chance at 10"  What is the JFK number?  Nevermind, found it- 7.4" - either they lost a lot to mixing at the start or they have their problem in measuring snow in high winds back again.  Most of SW Nassau is at or above 10" now.

Archived