• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Please post your observations, and other data for the Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017 here - Thanks!

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, mimillman said:

NWS forecasting 18-24 for Plymouth. Some areas over there will probably be nearing 50 inches on the season. Just wow.

Yeah, what's happening here now should expand and crush SE MA later today. The entire corridor from here to Boston should be a foot or more. NW MA/CT/S NH looks to also be crushed by the band that's currently overhead. 

43 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 10 am, we have 5" on the ground, so not as much per hour as earlier (that's 0.75"/hour since 8 am vs. 2"/hour from 7-8 am).  Looking like the snow is ending out by the Delaware River soon and will likely be over by noon around the I-95 corridor.  Will be surprised if we make it to 8" - maybe 6-7" here.  Will likely be a minor bust for most in the CNJ area, as snowfall is not reaching the general 8-12" forecast in Central Jersey.  Still a nice snowstorm.  

As of 11 am, we're up to 6" and it looks like maybe one more inch to go, at most...

1 hour ago, jm1220 said:

This is definitely up there-not quite 1/26/11 heavy, but 2"/hr easy. This reminds me a little of 12/30/00 snow intensity (which I know was only great on the western half of LI). 

12/30/2000 was great here in the morning when we had 3" in an hour at one point.  We had an hour or so of light rain sleet in teh afternoon that went back to snow and about 11" on the ground when it was over.

10" at the stake here as of 11AM.  Snow had diminished to run of the mill moderate to heavy for a bit, but is crazy again now.  Temp had risen from 29 to 31 but is now back down to 29.

Smithtown, NY

Archived