• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Please post your observations, and other data for the Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017 here - Thanks!

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

You have 10.6" in the Bronx? 

yessir..i have pics up from about an hour ago. it's def more now,we are currently in a deform band. it's wicked bro,the winds have picked up greatly also,most of the city has over double digits already and still coming down very hard!..only exception might be staten island...

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

Light snow with much improved visibility, no serious bands in an hour or more. My gut tells me we are done at 6 inches. 

That's near Edison, correct? There looks to be another band developing to your west, maybe another inch or two. No denying that the back end has slowed down. 

2 minutes ago, danstorm said:

Somewhat - how hard is it now there? Think you end with 7-8

Yay, danstorm guaranteed we'd get 7-8"!!  Woohoo!!  Just kidding, hope you're right.  It's snowing between lightly and moderately right now under 15-20 DBZ echoes, but there's not much to my west, so I was worried that if we didn't have a pivot or backbuilding, we were close to done.  May be a close call...

1 minute ago, RU848789 said:

Yay, danstorm guaranteed we'd get 7-8"!!  Woohoo!!  Just kidding, hope you're right.  It's snowing between lightly and moderately right now under 15-20 DBZ echoes, but there's not much to my west, so I was worried that if we didn't have a pivot or backbuilding, we were close to done.  May be a close call...

I think it moved just too fast for us, but we still did ok and maybe we get a little more. But the hype was overdone for NJ, no question.

The 0z models that cut back over C NJ down to Philly and kept amounts high in NE NJ/S NY, NYC/LI, look to have gotten the idea right. The SW edge of these events is always a dangerous place to be. The storm looks to have gotten together a bit late for them. But where the banding and dynamics do get together, ouch. 

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

That's near Edison, correct? There looks to be another band developing to your west, maybe another inch or two. No denying that the back end has slowed down. 

Yeah, I'm in Metuchen (which is surrounded completely by Edison) and pruf is in Colonia, which is part of Woodbridge Twp, and is maybe 2-3 miles NE of me, so we usually will have just about the same snowfall.  

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

The 0z models that cut back over C NJ down to Philly and kept amounts high in NE NJ/S NY, NYC/LI, look to have gotten the idea right. The SW edge of these events is always a dangerous place to be. The storm looks to have gotten together a bit late for them. But where the banding and dynamics do get together, ouch. 

Well I consider myself in the NYC region, I mean I can see Manhattan clearly from a hill, and SI is directly across the river. But there can be significant differences in these setups.

Just now, jm1220 said:

And mimilliman was right about subsidence cutting back on totals, but it seems to be happening in NE MA and not here. The storm seems to be maxing out in a great spot for this subforum. 

Well this is the 2nd storm this year, or maybe 3rd, where the action was east....seems to be a trend in recent years. Only difference is Monmouth isn't getting in on it this time.

Archived