• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Please post your observations, and other data for the Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017 here - Thanks!

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nesussxwx said:

How are you doing in Plainfield? Dad is in Union Township, he's thinking it might bust low, he only meaurred 5" and precipitation rates are beginning to lighten up.

We might squeeze out 6-7. After being heavy before 9am it's alternated between light and moderate. Could be worse. Amounts are much lower the closer you get to Philly.

3 hours ago, RU848789 said:

As of 7 am, we have 1.5" of sleet/snow on the ground, meaning we've had 1/2" in the last 45 minutes - going to need to do better than that to get to 8"+ in the next 5-6 hours or so, which is what we supposedly have for good snows.  Does look like it's picking up the last 10 minutes.  Down to 29F.  

As of 10 am, we have 5" on the ground, so not as much per hour as earlier (that's 0.75"/hour since 8 am vs. 2"/hour from 7-8 am).  Looking like the snow is ending out by the Delaware River soon and will likely be over by noon around the I-95 corridor.  Will be surprised if we make it to 8" - maybe 6-7" here.  Will likely be a minor bust for most in the CNJ area, as snowfall is not reaching the general 8-12" forecast in Central Jersey.  Still a nice snowstorm.  

2 minutes ago, nesussxwx said:

How are you doing in Plainfield? Dad is in Union Township, he's thinking it might bust low, he only meaurred 5" and precipitation rates are beginning to lighten up.

We are likely going to underperform in this area, but models were hinting at this, according to some last night. I think we make a run at 7 inches and be happy with it. 

2 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 10 am, we have 5" on the ground, so not as much per hour as earlier (that's 0.75"/hour since 8 am vs. 2"/hour from 7-8 am).  Looking like the snow is ending out by the Delaware River soon and will likely be over by noon around the I-95 corridor.  Will be surprised if we make it to 8" - maybe 6-7" here.  Will likely be a minor bust for most in the CNJ area, as snowfall is not reaching the general 8-12" forecast in Central Jersey.  Still a nice snowstorm.  

Rgem nailed it. Euro was way overdone out this way

1 minute ago, RU848789 said:

Yeah that is what I thought, it's coming down decently though, we may make 7. Thanks for reporting your measurements ( so I don't have to go out in it! )

Looks like 7 to 8 in and around MMU, with lots of blowing and drifting. (Clean roof like last year!) Pleased considered what we've had to date so far! My kids will be happy. This reminds me of a lite version (at least in terms of dynamics here immediately) of February 8, 1994. Totals about the same, but over 5 hours, rather than 2.

1 minute ago, winterwarlock said:

that RGEM from overnight did nail the screwjob for those i78 south and to the west

We don't seem to do that well in these kinds of patterns, with 8 being about  max in them. i've seen a lot of storms, and without serious blocking, 4-8 seems to be the best we can do.

Archived