Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 8-9th Storm discussion

SnowLover22

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Too dramatic. It isn't the 15" Euro from yesterday but it isn't a dud either. This is our big event for the year....enjoy it up our way.

I picture this as a 3-4 hr snow squall....not a "snow storm". But yes, I agree and will enjoy. Hitting the WaWa on Easton Rd...I'll see how the roads are.

1 minute ago, penndotguy said:

That should fill back in, it already looks like it is Esp after the storm starts to deepen, If I'm reading things correct

How much you got out there? And yeah, hopefully the storm will deepen and throw some heavier banding in to save us.

20 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Too dramatic. It isn't the 15" Euro from yesterday but it isn't a dud either. This is our big event for the year....enjoy it up our way.

No this is a complete failure, maybe not for areas north and west of the City, but we are still under a winter storm warning for 2-4 inches of snow. Its 40 degrees outside, raining and precip is almost over.

We were modeled to get about 4 or 5 inches.

This is a complete joke here.

4 minutes ago, Mdecoy said:

We were modeled to get about 4 or 5 inches.

This is a complete joke here.

But the models aren't always right....this is meteorology. You were warned last evening that current obs didn't favor the extreme amounts that some models were predicting. Couple that with past history of 60 degrees followed by snow and yeah. However, I don't fault the NWS one bit because this could have gone either way down there even as late as 1AM this morning. And IF the NWS decided not to post WSW for that area, people would still be complaining "why aren't they posting WSW's? what are they waiting for?". They cant win sometimes. There is always a screw zone with these types of systems, it is inevitable. Sorry that it looks to be N DE for this one.

Archived