Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8-9th Storm discussion

SnowLover22

Just now, hurricane1091 said:

If you're right, I will remember it. It's 49 here, so it's mild. It's only dropped 15 degrees from the high, and needs more than that for snow - not half way there yet!

South Jersey may have some problems. It seems the problem with the RGEM isn't precip as much as a warm tongue causing sleet. If rates stay that good, I think snow is a good bet.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mattinpa said:

South Jersey may have some problems. It seems the problem with the RGEM isn't precip as much as a warm tongue causing sleet. If rates stay that good, I think snow is a good bet.

There is very strong S/SW LL flow.....just go outside and look up at the moon. Low clouds are roaring in from that direction. Usually a precursor of things to come. 

I've been staying away from the models. It looks to me like the situation is unfolding exactly they way it was predicted a few hours ago. 

Smarter people then me said, it's gonna be warm until it gets cold and then the snow is gonna explode on us. 3am rain, 5 am switch over. 5-noon we get slammed. 

Eveything looks to be playing out as planned. I'm pumped for the thundersnow early morning. 

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

There is very strong S/SW LL flow.....just go outside and look up at the moon. Low clouds are roaring in from that direction. Usually a precursor of things to come. 

That should shift. The GFS still shows 6-8" for most here. Hope we get at least that. Getting closer to nowcast time. Will be interesting to see what I wake up to.

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Curiously, the temp has crept up here to 51F from 49F an hour and a half ago.

Hey Ralph... strange, I'm not far from you and been dropping all night.. I'm down to 44 with a ne wind!!

Spending most of my evening elsewhere reading some terrific analysis but stepped in here for a bit and WOW...some of tonight's "model downer" posters are worse than the "radar hallucinating" group...let's let it all play out folks, PLEASE!!!

does anything exist where I could sign up for my 6 inches right now? Preferably before that 6 turns into 2" and cold rain. Really though, ill be happy having the day off from work tomo and make a note to myself to stop tracking storms altogether as its clear even the models dont even know wtf is going on. 15" to 5" in 3 hours? Gotta laugh to keep from crying

5 minutes ago, mattinpa said:

44 here. Do you think it is dropping quickly enough?

850s will crash as storm explodes.  I am not worried.  10", 8" or 6" it doesn't really matter to me.  The big story has always been the short duration intense snowfall.  I am telling you the panic in this thread is laughable.

1 minute ago, DWSI91 said:

does anything exist where I could sign up for my 6 inches right now? Preferably before that 6 turns into 2" and cold rain. Really though, ill be happy having the day off from work tomo and make a note to myself to stop tracking storms altogether as its clear even the models dont even know wtf is going on. 15" to 5" in 3 hours? Gotta laugh to keep from crying

I never saw any model showing 15 in Mercer.  You set yourself up

Hey Ralph... strange, I'm not far from you and been dropping all night.. I'm down to 44 with a ne wind!!

Spending most of my evening elsewhere reading some terrific analysis but stepped in here for a bit and WOW...some of tonight's "model downer" posters are worse than the "radar hallucinating" group...let's let it all play out folks, PLEASE!!!

Needed a reset on the old digital therm. 42f now....more realistic.

850s will crash as storm explodes.  I am not worried.  10", 8" or 6" it doesn't really matter to me.  The big story has always been the short duration intense snowfall.  I am telling you the panic in this thread is laughable.

Short range hi-res stuff now has the storm exploding after well past us East of OC MD. We miss most of the dynamics the global models were showing earlier today. Unless you are NE of Trenton. Fingers crossed.

Archived